pictures/parts for lower radiator mounts 1989

Hi Rick,

Havent gone through all your posts to know the context (another 3.8L SC transplant?). But I am pretty sure I took pics of that before moving everything over to my 1956 F100. If it is the same as the 89 SC which I used, the lower mount was simply a prong on each side of the bottom, fitting through a rubber donut ring for isolation. Then the sides/top were bolted for actual bracing. I have the SC radiator frame on a shelf (future AC coil install) I could also take a picture of it if it relates to your install.

Let me know if the 89 example works for you and I will send them.

John

Hi Rick,

Havent gone through all your posts to know the context (another 3.8L SC transplant?). But I am pretty sure I took pics of that before moving everything over to my 1956 F100. If it is the same as the 89 SC which I used, the lower mount was simply a prong on each side of the bottom, fitting through a rubber donut ring for isolation. Then the sides/top were bolted for actual bracing. I have the SC radiator frame on a shelf (future AC coil install) I could also take a picture of it if it relates to your install.

Let me know if the 89 example works for you and I will send them.

John

yes I could use those pics
Rick

Unfortunately, this is the best pic I could find that shows the 1989 radiator support points. The lower are unfastened alignment pins that sit in a pre-drilled hole in the frame. There is a rubber donut pad between the rad and the frame. The uppers would have fastened to the rad frame on the SC. They luckily were able to be fastened to the front cowling of the F100 in my case.

The F100 frame is 34" outside to outside. The frame rail is roughly 2" wide each, with the lower alignment pins in another 2" roughly. this would put them at about 26" CL. If you want the exact CL dimension, I can easily get that for you. Or a pic of the SC radiator framework with dimension.

Hope this helps a little.

John

Attachments

• Rad mount points.jpg
    Rad mount points.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 55
Unfortunately, this is the best pic I could find that shows the 1989 radiator support points. The lower are unfastened alignment pins that sit in a pre-drilled hole in the frame. There is a rubber donut pad between the rad and the frame. The uppers would have fastened to the rad frame on the SC. They luckily were able to be fastened to the front cowling of the F100 in my case.

The F100 frame is 34" outside to outside. The frame rail is roughly 2" wide each, with the lower alignment pins in another 2" roughly. this would put them at about 26" CL. If you want the exact CL dimension, I can easily get that for you. Or a pic of the SC radiator framework with dimension.

Hope this helps a little.

John
I am mounting my pins to holes I will drill in the Mustangs core support. Instead of using "donuts" I am using ford control arm bushings, but fear they have a too stiff durometer rubber to "give" when needed, and the metal shells would just weld to the core support

I am mounting my pins to holes I will drill in the Mustangs core support. Instead of using "donuts" I am using ford control arm bushings, but fear they have a too stiff durometer rubber to "give" when needed, and the metal shells would just weld to the core support

I would think someone has a SC carcass laying around with those rubber support bushings. You need something softer to absorb road shock. I see Summit sells a set, but relatively expensive. I am sure there is some substitute out there if a SC donor isnt available.

I would think someone has a SC carcass laying around with those rubber support bushings. You need something softer to absorb road shock. I see Summit sells a set, but relatively expensive. I am sure there is some substitute out there if a SC donor isnt available.
thanks I will try that

Back