PDA

View Full Version : something drainging battery,slow rotaion

pock1
06-27-2015, 01:06 PM
got off work Thursday night parked car all was fine. got into the car Friday am.........battery was dead. my battery is only a year and half old, thought that did it and had a new 1 installed..reattached the cables......big spark on the negative side so im thinking something is drawing current.try to start it.........slow rotation like something is slowing it down. I put new battery, changed the starter, and solenoid (by the battery) car turns a little faster but not much and still wont start!:confused: my fuel pressure gauge (on the motor says 41..pump is on( I hear it)..so something is slowing down the motor. car ran fine the other day.......now this. bad dis? cam senser? something is drawing current. bad ignition switch? i'll check the relays, fuses , take off the belts to see what frozen, and the h/b. what u guys think. thx tony.

rickbtbird
06-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Check both the glove box on the passenger side and the one on the center console to insure the light is going out when closed. The one on the passenger side is notorious for warping and the bulb staying lit even when closed.

pock1
06-27-2015, 05:05 PM
I found the problem. when I took of the serpentine belt and checked what wasn't moving and found that the alt was stiff. bearing had seized up. new alt put on and starts with no problems and is charging. thx guys.