Stage 2 Comp Cam need tune?

ridecontrol

Anyone ever run a stage 2 comp cam without a chip or a tune? The motor I'm building will definitely handle it but I'm curious what all is needed to make it right. The motor is a fresh 3.8 bored 30 over with wiseco forged pistons, full ported and polished heads with larger ss valves and comp cams bee hive springs from supersixmotorsports, 38 pound injectors, holland sharp high lift rockers, mp1 blower with mp inlet, BBK 75mm tb, C&L 76mm mass air, kooks mid-length headers and SCP exhaust. I wanted to run the stage 2 cam in place of the stage 1 I ran with the motor before the rebuild. Any input would be great, thanks.

Anyone ever run a stage 2 comp cam without a chip or a tune? The motor I'm building will definitely handle it but I'm curious what all is needed to make it right. The motor is a fresh 3.8 bored 30 over with wiseco forged pistons, full ported and polished heads with larger ss valves and comp cams bee hive springs from supersixmotorsports, 38 pound injectors, holland sharp high lift rockers, mp1 blower with mp inlet, BBK 75mm tb, C&L 76mm mass air, kooks mid-length headers and SCP exhaust. I wanted to run the stage 2 cam in place of the stage 1 I ran with the motor before the rebuild. Any input would be great, thanks.

You may want to consider larger injectors.

I thought about larger injectors too. I went to 42lb injectors with my last motor and melted a piston in cylinder 2 and never did figure out why. It ran great with the 38's and then when I swapped in the 42's and a matching sampling tube it all went south from there quick. What's all needed with a tune? What I mean is what's all done and whats all needed so that it can be done right?

I thought about larger injectors too. I went to 42lb injectors with my last motor and melted a piston in cylinder 2 and never did figure out why. It ran great with the 38's and then when I swapped in the 42's and a matching sampling tube it all went south from there quick. What's all needed with a tune? What I mean is what's all done and whats all needed so that it can be done right?

I am going through this now as well. You will need a QH, strategy file, BE, SCT Livelink, and a base tune. I recommend you contact David at SCUI for specifics.
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?134899-Helpful-tuning-files

I wouldn't run either of those cams, they are horrible in an SC. They were designed for a split port motor and will make less power than stock. Sounds like you have a decent combo, but the MPI requires 42lb injectors regardless of your past experience. I can have a cam custom ground for you as well as a custom chip but not trying to sell anything, just giving you a heads up.

Depends on how much the fuel trims are out of wack. Also more than likey you will have to adjust cold start fueling table. I ran a comp 210/218 I think is the stage 2 and liked it. Turbo split-port with a 62mm turbo that revved to 5800rpm.

Back