Rough Cold Start

SCarSC

I have done a search on here and Google and haven't quite found an answer to my liking, but here is the issue:

When I let the car sit overnight and then start in the morning, it will crank for what seems a little too long...maybe 3 or 4 seconds, then it will fire and chug, to the point where it almost dies and won't hold idle, and then it will go to about 800 rpm and stay there perfectly, no other issues noted.

I didn't use my car yesterday, so it sat for two days, and when i started it this morning i wasn't sure if it would keep running but then after a few seconds it seemed fine again.

There was a thread on an integra forum where a guy mentions that he added some techron additive to his fuel tank, assuming that it was dirty injectors and that after a few bottles and tanks the issue went away....is that a possibility? just dirty injectors? I have read a few threads on here where it was suggested that the fuel pump may be on its way out and that i could key cycle a few times to prime the pump to see if that changes anything...I will try to remember to attempt that tomorrow.

No recent changes that I can think of.

Back