Brake booster

USCFOOTBALL

hello my brake booster is leaking a little brake fluid. Is there a way to remove it and replace it with a vacuum booster set up and remove The OEM booster.

Thanks for your time.:cool:

I was not aware that the stock booster had any fluid in it. Are you certain your booster is dead? You may have a leak from somewhere else... You need about 15-16 vacuum on a gauge to make the booster work properly.

I just replaced mine with a booster out of a 97' LX with ABS. Got the part for $30 at the u-pick area of my local wrecker. If you'd like some extra help I'm in Eugene (assuming you're close enough). I'm not a Duck or a Beaver so we'd likely get along there...

Also - if you are in Eugene there's another LX in the yard and as of three weeks ago it had a halfway decent looking booster in the car.

Last edited:
I assume he is referring to the 89-91 Teves Mark II system with the pump. (A form of "hydroboost".) It probably has a leaky motor shaft seal. Yes, you can swap to a conventional system if you want. There are a few threads on it - try searching for "ABS to Conventional" or something like that.

Back