Blocks

jdsgallops

It looks as though I will be in the market for a short/long block. I am still trying to finish up the mustang before I find the real issue with the SC though. As usual nothing has gone according to plan with either one of these cars.

Indications are the rings are likely kaput in the SC. Being that block is already 75mm over I am leary about trying to salvage it should I need to pull it. 3.8/4.2's are not hard to find but in the searching I have done here it appears that the SC block is the only one that has the appropriate mount for the crank sensor. At this point in time I have so much time and money invested in the car I just want to drop something in it and be able to drive it. There are 1 or 2 SC engines out there but not nearby. So my question is what other blocks can be used or how did you mount the crank sensor on a non SC block? At this time I am merely exploring my options so I can make an informed decision so I can hopefully make it through the next year with no more mishaps!

If it were me I'd go with a 01 block, convert to 94/95 DIS system (which uses the more current components), and turn the Knock sensor off in tune.

It looks as though I will be in the market for a short/long block. I am still trying to finish up the mustang before I find the real issue with the SC though. As usual nothing has gone according to plan with either one of these cars.

Indications are the rings are likely kaput in the SC. Being that block is already 75mm over I am leary about trying to salvage it should I need to pull it. 3.8/4.2's are not hard to find but in the searching I have done here it appears that the SC block is the only one that has the appropriate mount for the crank sensor. At this point in time I have so much time and money invested in the car I just want to drop something in it and be able to drive it. There are 1 or 2 SC engines out there but not nearby. So my question is what other blocks can be used or how did you mount the crank sensor on a non SC block? At this time I am merely exploring my options so I can make an informed decision so I can hopefully make it through the next year with no more mishaps!

Offroadranger has a good SC motor for sale long block 120k or so i think with new headgaskets from a car that rusted out on him. he would be about 3.5hrs drive from nashville 250$ if i am not mistaken

Pm me his contact info if you would be so kind Jacob. Figures I would need something right after I sell the complete engine I got that crank for about a week prior to this.

Pm me his contact info if you would be so kind Jacob. Figures I would need something right after I sell the complete engine I got that crank for about a week prior to this.

Ha! That's why I NEVER sell anything....... Course people who love me use words like hoarder, OCD, ect, ect....:D
Seriously, I have done the same thing too many times

Adam

I am much the same way. Unfortunately the garage was getting so packed something needed to go. And my garage isn't exactly small. I think the real issue is too many projects not enough time or money.

If it were me I'd go with a 01 block, convert to 94/95 DIS system (which uses the more current components), and turn the Knock sensor off in tune.

I have the 99 block. Had a receiver for the crank sensor made and welded to right motor mount.

Trouble free for 3 yrs.

Paul

Back