Finally i have upgraded my exhaust

GHOSTXR7

Good day to all you. So i finally upgraded the exhaust, found some used kooks mids for a good price otherwise i wouldve just ported some 94\95 manifolds. 2.5 downpipes no cats into magnaflow resonator 2 1\2 in to single 3 inch out. now the exhaust guy said that it would be an issue to due 3 inch around the tank so he put in 2 1\2 so my first question is is this ok am i losing any possible power or am i ok and then he said because my sway bars are too big 1 3\8 inch that the original mufflers that i have (2 1|2 in and out offset with a 14 inch body) will not fit. So instead he put some mufflers with an 11 inch body and it sounds ok but i am wondering if anyone has done this. The reason i went with this exhaust dude is because he has done work for us before and i was kinda in a rush (yes i know my fault). But should i find another exhaust guy and have his do my original 3 inch from resonator back to my original mufflers even if it means better bends and welds. Just not really sure what to do. thanx

Your exhaust guy is wrong and there is plenty of room for a 3" center pipe. If motor is mostly stock the 2.5" center pipe will be okay, but if you are using ported heads, cam and bigger blower it will be a restriction and cost you some power.

David

Last edited:
Smaller pulley on the XR7 now. Future mods that I have is late model ported by xr7dave mp inlet plenum 76 maf 75 tb 42lb injectors 255 fuel pump. All I need is a qh from Mr dalke n I will be set. I'm piecing together a fmic just not quite sure what to do with the outlet plenum as far as setting that up for fmic

Just got full 2 1/2 aluminized, including downpipes, 2 in 2 out magnaflow resonator and mid pipes, and full pipes to behind rear end to muffler location, but no mufflers, for the stock early manifolds, and late gas tank, shipped to my door for $500 from TruBendz. Ask to speak to Josh, he knows his stuff, and these cars specifically. You won't be disappointed.

The mid pipe/resonator and downpipes are not listed on the web site, but they do have them, and they look GOOD. Have to give Josh a call

Adam

Last edited:
show your exhaust guy that 3" fits around an early style gas tank and how to split it to run 3" all the way out the back.

garage_attachment.php

I can't find any videos or pics of trubenz exhaust on a bird. I'd be interested in seeing it first before buying

show your exhaust guy that 3" fits around an early style gas tank and how to split it to run 3" all the way out the back.

garage_attachment.php

Noted. I truly think he was just being lazy and not wanting to DO WORK. He said due to my sway bars i couldnt use the original mufflers that i wanted to use.. I will see if i can get the next guy to do the exhaust the right way next time

Back