deleting power steering cooler

Presumably, the remote cooler, and convoluted lines, are to add capacity to the system to better handle heat in a combined fashion. Deleting the cooler and it's lines also reduces capacity. It doesn't add much weight...why do you want to remove it?

Mine hasn't leaked in the time I've owned the car, nearly ten years - I just made sure to clean it out so it could do it's job and that the hose clamps were tight.

Besides, racks and pumps are neither cheap nor easy to replace, so anything that can help protect them is welcome. If you're just trying to strip down for the strip, then delete power steering altogether, and run electric assist.

Last edited:
I deleted it on mine with no adverse affects. If you were road coursing your car, it might be a different story, but on a daily driver, it will be fine.

As for why to delete it, it adds complexity and potential leak points, and makes it difficult to get the I-member clean after an oil change. Replacing it with just a pressure line and a return line definitely cleans that area up quite a bit.

Back