View Full Version : Turn signal / Hazard Flasher

11-19-2002, 12:38 PM
Does anyone know a part number and where to get a turn signal / hazard flasher for an '89 or '90 SC.
Non of the auto parts stores can identify it.
It's a square thing with a 5 pin connector on the bottom.
Ford part #E80B-13350-AA cross ref Ford part #E80Y13350A
(Manufactured by Denso, Japan).

(Or is it a Ford only part).

FearThis SC
11-19-2002, 02:02 PM
Have you tried your local NAPA auto store? Sometimes they may have it in stock!


11-19-2002, 03:48 PM
Yes, but like everyone else, they list a two prong round flasher. Ours is a square thingy with 5 prongs that incorporates both the turn signal and hazard function.

FearThis SC
11-19-2002, 04:24 PM


11-19-2002, 05:11 PM
that is the accully the trun signal swich and arm you are looking for? If I understand you right you are looking for the multi-function switch. Ford part number 13K359

11-19-2002, 05:20 PM
No, it's not the multi function switch. It's a combination turn signal / hazard flasher located under the dash above the gas pedal.
I've owned my SC for 12 years now and never had one go before. You would think that a local parts store would have one, but they don't.

11-19-2002, 05:22 PM
OH sorry do you mean the thing that accully causes them to flash (flasher)?

11-19-2002, 05:25 PM
Normally a $4.00 part for any normal car.
But of course we don't drive normal cars.

11-19-2002, 05:28 PM
Give me a few min I am looking for the part in my book

11-19-2002, 06:00 PM
Here is more information on the part.
Printed on the side is:
12.8V 85 F/M

11-19-2002, 06:02 PM
Good news and bad news. I finally found the the Flasher unit in my book it has the removal and installation procedures and even a picture. Now for the bad news it does not give me a part number anywhere. It's offical name is Flasher Unit. Have you tried your local Ford dealer. Sorry I could not be of more help.

11-19-2002, 06:10 PM
I have tried the stealership and it is available.
Price was $46.85.
I was hoping they made an aftermarket replacement for a much cheaper price.
Thanks for your help.

11-19-2002, 06:11 PM
I might be on to something. Is your Vin number V or C and what year exactly is the car year?

11-19-2002, 06:13 PM
Did they give you the part number at ford?

11-19-2002, 06:16 PM
I may have found one by WAGNER LAMPS price is about $3

11-19-2002, 06:20 PM
There is neither a V or C in my vin number.
The car it is going in is a 1989.
However, I pulled the one out of my 1990, and it is identical to the '89.
The number on the flasher is
Motorcraft Ford part #E80B-13350-AA
Ford told me the cross reference number to this part was
Ford part #E80Y13350A

11-19-2002, 06:24 PM
What is the Wagner part number?
I will check with a local parts store.
Thank you.

11-19-2002, 06:35 PM
I have Great news I have located you one and it is only $1.81

Contact Discount Auto Parts.com they are located in New Jeresy. These guys are awesome I delt with them for almost five years straightwhile I had my Tbird with me stationed in Itlay.

there web site is Discount Auto Parts.com (http://www.discountautoparts.com/) They have a toll free number 1-877-328-8672
Ask for Joe and tell him Steve Schecter sent you I just spoke to him on the phone. you want the 323 flasher.

WAGNER LAMPS 323 [Flasher] Turn Signal $1.81

Let me know how it works out
My Email ([email protected])

11-19-2002, 06:38 PM
I am not pushing these guys but while I was in Italy and my transmission went out the had one custom built for me by Jasper got it crated and got it shipped to me in two weeks.

11-19-2002, 06:43 PM
Hi, guys. Sorry to break in here. I am glad I caught this thread and did some looking myself while I was out today. For real, Autozone, NAPA, O'Reilly's, they don't EVEN know what I'm talking about. their books don't show this thing. I called ford and got the same info as you guys did, 46.82 list. Whew. If this 323 Wagner unit is the same, BUY A LOT OF EM. :-) Good going, guys. I would have never thunk it.

Have a great week.

11-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Bad news.
I spoke with Joe. I explained what this thing is, and he told me that they sell these things at any parts store. It sounds like its the round flasher everyone says is for our cars, but is not.
I will drop by a parts store tonight and see what it looks like, but I don't have my hopes up.

11-19-2002, 06:56 PM
I have my fingers crossed.

11-19-2002, 07:52 PM
I do too. I just hit Autozone, O'Reillys, Napa, and Pep Boys in person and there just isn't anything close to this relay. I have looked at the EVTM and even the connector pinouts are differently configured than a normal relay. I'm amazed Ford did this. This part number references to 89 to 93 thunderbird cougar only. My fingers are crossed.

11-20-2002, 12:42 PM
I have some additional information;

For Ford part number E80Y13350A
The identical Motorcraft part number is SF-585.
I found a web site that has this for $17.87.
It's a special order for them, ship in 10-15 days.
Lets see if we can find a place that might have it in stock.

Here's the link

Not a bad price, compared to $48.82 even if you have to wait.

12-05-2002, 11:03 AM
Here's an update on the flasher.
I just received it from carparts.com and it is the correct one.
So, if you need one, it is Motorcraft part number SF-585.
Here is the info again.

For Ford part number E80Y13350A
The identical Motorcraft part number is SF-585.
I found a web site that has this for $17.87.
It's a special order for them, ship in 10-15 days.

Here's the link