Idle problem under a load

Fordmania3.8

Alright I'm new to this and need your help! I have a 95 sc with under 40,000 miles on it and currently everything has been working great until now. It is an automatic and whenever I put it into reverse or park it shakes a little and wants to die but 9/10 doesn't. I currently tried refilling my a/c but now even my a/c is dropping the rpm's and kills the car only at an idle. I cleaned the MAF and IAC didn't change a thing so decided to replace the IAC still didn't change a thing. I'm new to working on these cars as you all know they are very temperamental! P.s. I did check for vacuum leaks and didn't notice anything obvious. Thanks!

your mafs could be bad not just dirty..is there a cel on? if so limp it to an auto store and have them run the codes,i find its the easiest way rather than guessing at what to do. if no cel though,how long is it on at a time because maby its not long enough to detect the code and store it..i could be wrong though but this has been whats worked for me..my old n/a 3.8 had almost the same problems you decribed but also had some power loss at wide open throttle..was a bad mafs..

That's worth a shot, it's only a weekend car but drove it for an hour yesterday. I originally ran it with the MAF unplugged to see if it would run any better and it didn't change a thing. It doesn't throw any codes but I'm willing to try anything at this point lol

Sitting in 1 spot at an idle in drive rpm's lower slightly but nothing too concerning in reverse is when it really wants to die out. Driving the car around runs good with no lose of power whatsoever.

Back