Radio Scymatics

Send a message to TwoTimeSC on the forum here.

He's the local guru, and does a great job of rebuilding these radios.

For the price he gets, I'd suggest just letting him do it for you.

RwP

Does Paul work on both early and late generation audio systems?

EDIT...shoulda read the link first.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I just wanted to chime in to say that the article at the link posted earlier in this thread ( http://www.35thatr.org/Radio/RadioRelatedPages.htm ) is ANCIENT and was written 10 years ago.

My prices have had to rise over the years but I am still performing rebuilds of the problematic Premium Sound/JBL Radios and CD Players used from 1989-1993.
I can also repair the '94-up units but choose not to do so due to lack of time.

Most Ford Factory Authorized electronics service centers will still accept the '94-up units for repair but virtually none will even touch the earlier units anymore so I tend to focus strictly on those since most people have nowhere else to turn now.

I am a career aerospace engineer by day and only perform these services on evenings and weekends, so my available time is limited for now....until I retire! :)

Regards,
Paul Protos

Hello all,

I just wanted to chime in to say that the article at the link posted earlier in this thread ( http://www.35thatr.org/Radio/RadioRelatedPages.htm ) is ANCIENT and was written 10 years ago.

My prices have had to rise over the years but I am still performing rebuilds of the problematic Premium Sound/JBL Radios and CD Players used from 1989-1993.
I can also repair the '94-up units but choose not to do so due to lack of time.

Most Ford Factory Authorized electronics service centers will still accept the '94-up units for repair but virtually none will even touch the earlier units anymore so I tend to focus strictly on those since most people have nowhere else to turn now.

I am a career aerospace engineer by day and only perform these services on evenings and weekends, so my available time is limited for now....until I retire! :)

Regards,
Paul Protos

I didn't know there were factory authorized service centers...may need to do some reading on those.

From experience with my '94, the previous authorized service was through Instrument Sales and Service in AZ. They sent it to United Radio in NY. (United Radio wasn't great to do business with, ISS was great.) As of Jan '15 I was told AER Tech is the authorized service vendor. 800 321 6970. Think they are in CA

Back