Clutch/Flywheel Suggestions 95SC

XxSlowpokexX

Need a clutch / flywheel combo for a 1995 SC. Unsure whats out there now and what is interchangeable with a mustang etc.

Sources and part #'s appreciated/

Thanks

I've always been a fan of the Spec stage 2. It is a slightly heavier than stock pedal feel with a pretty firm engagement. Supercoupeperformance lists it for $369, which is not a bad price. Some people also reccomend Centerforce, and I have one of those in my 90SC just because it came with the car. It isn't bad, closer to a stock pedal feel, but I like the way the Spec engages better. As for the flywheel, on a street car I would suggest keeping your stock flywheel and just having it resurfaced. Lightweight flywheels in heavy cars on the street is not a good combo!

Last edited:
centerforce is the only way to fly. Stock re surfaced flywheel. Ebay 347 or so shipped damon.

I actually have a centerforce DF and a McLeod aluminum flywheel on my car. This is for a buddy. He needs a completely new flywheel however. Id not recommend an aluminum either.

I put a spec stage 1 in this spring when my slave cylinder went out and I love it, huge difference from the old one

Not lucky with Spec Stage II

I replaced the stock clutch on our '90 5-speed around 120,000. It lasted 13,000 miles. (photo of what it looked like when removed.) Put in a Centerforce DF. Now approaching 160,000 miles

Eddie Donato
'90 5-speed modified
'90 automatic stock (except for double intercooler)

Attachments

• Spec S2.jpg
    Spec S2.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 143
why is a aluminum fly wheel not recommended for a daily driver?

When starting from a stop, the heavier the flywheel, the more inertia it has, and so the easier it is to get the car moving without stalling or having to rev it too high. The advantage of an aluminum flywheel is it is lighter, so it takes less power to speed it up, which makes the engine rev easier, but it also makes it easier for the engine to slow down as you come off the clutch.

Haven't priced them as of late but even the OEM LUK replacement is of good quality and I recall it was less than the aftermarket performance clutches. LUK is OEM for a bunch of german marques too. I used it on my old black 94 SC and was happy with it.

I've been very happy with the 13lb aluminum flywheel and Mcleod Dual Friction clutch combo since 2000. Rebuilt the flywheel once and replaced the clutch/pressure plate with new McLeod stuff once as well.

I've been very happy with the 13lb aluminum flywheel and Mcleod Dual Friction clutch combo since 2000. Rebuilt the flywheel once and replaced the clutch/pressure plate with new McLeod stuff once as well.
I didn't realize you ran the mcleod clutch micah, I run an rst twin with a stock flywheel with my t56.

Back