Dipstick tube

90whtbrd

Dipstick tube won't seat all the way down. Is there an o ring or grommet on the tube that maybe trying to turn inside out as I push down, I don't want to kink or bend the tube.

The dipstick tube has a ridge/shoulder about 1" up from the bottom and is a press fit into the hole. Goes in dry...no o-ring/grommet, but when I replaced mine I added some sealant just for good measure. Then I tapped on the ridge with a long drift...carefully, just to make sure it was in tight. Been that way for a few years now with no leaks. My old one was cracked just below that shoulder and had holes where the upper bracket used to be.

Maybe your old one was broken off and you're fighting that piece?

Thanks for the swift reply. I was afraid to pull it all the way out and making a bigger problem, wish I had seen this when I had the pan off doing bearings I thought the top spot welds were the only problem I had in this area. Even in the correct location it still won't seat lineing up to a crack. Since it's not leaking I will remark full line and wait and see. Thanks again for the swift reply and info.

Back