PDA

View Full Version : As he enters the once .....

HoseHead
07-23-2015, 08:48 AM
bustling SCCoO website, he hollers out and only receives an echo ..... :confused:

91bird
07-23-2015, 10:40 AM
Crazy, where have all the SC's gone?

shoalcracker
07-23-2015, 12:40 PM
Hey were still out here.

Talked to D the other day. He's going 15 hrs a day right now.

Al's breaking in the beast.

I have a couple of things on my plate.

Some front suspension stiffening and cutting the springs 1.5 turns.

I have the pieces so that will just be labour.

Going to leave the rear for now as it is pretty heavily loaded when I go south and I want to see how the raked look suits the car.

I have tune issues but that's a $500.00 weekend so I'm playing Mr. Magoo with it.

I've switched to 91 octane to get around the bulk of the problem but that has magnified the issue getting it rolling.

Power numbers jumped 20 hp from 4500 to 5200 rpm but boost also went up .5 lbs.

I have some 2.25" at the back end off the exhaust so I think new cats, resonator and mandrel 2.5" should help bring the power band up to 5500-5800.

Again the $ has slowed that program.

Paul

91bird
07-24-2015, 01:51 PM
Nice to hear Paul, I know a few guys still tinkering, just real quiet here lately. Not much happening either here or meets but I know how it gets.
I'm guilty as well, my car is just sitting waiting for a few key parts. Think Ive driven it twice this year so far. Plus concentrating on my old truck which is real close to getting a spot outside the garage in the sun. I dragged my ~~~ on Bruces car that I was hoping to nab but couldnt get out there to get it. My loss!
Nice to hear some updates on the few cars we have left running around out there or hear some action. Seems like every time I take my car for a drive I get called out by a guy that wants to race. Funny how that never happed when I had my old sc that could actually get out of its own way. but now I just laugh give the guy a thumbs up and keep driving lol.

Drew

Peterdroy66
07-24-2015, 04:13 PM
My 92 is pretty solid now and I have just been driving and enjoying it.
Have had two or three instances of people this season stopping to admire it and recognizing how few are around now.
Again still lusting for another no idea why!
Was a super super clean one on eBay last week red/black in Salem Ohio.
Pete Roy

Ryan A Harris
07-24-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm so not interested in my car at all. It can sit in my garage, under the cover & wait until cash/time & interest are at a higher level. This club isn't a club any more. Nothing happens, no shows, no meets nothing! We have/had some really passionate people in the club over the years. I'm sure there still lurking around too, but if nothing happens, they don't come out.

Been thinking about doing SC garage sale, but I'm sure no one would want to drive to my place. A car club that has guys who don't like driving!!??!!??!! Or showing off their car, or hanging out with like minded people. It's too bad our chapter, once was one of busiest around, just fall flat like it has.

Geez, I got more mad as I typed this out. Sorry about all my negativity, but shoot, it's true about our chapter. Hope things can pick up for all of us

shoalcracker
07-24-2015, 09:59 PM
It's important, I think, for a club to have members.

Paul

ALS35
07-27-2015, 03:01 PM
My cars are keeping me busy. The 5 speed is in the tranny shop right now. The clutch slave cylinder finally leaked so bad that it was almost undriveable. It's getting all new synchro rings and a B & M shifter while it is apart. And a new clutch since it's apart. And the correct speedo gear for the 327 rear end. After that the AOD car goes in for a Lentech valve body. The DIS module failed again(spare from the garage so don't know the history). Those puppies are costly. Both cars need the speedo/odo gears done. I have them, thanks Tony, and they will be put in soon as I have the cars back and running again.
The AOD is really strong since Dave did the engine but I have to be able to drive it for more than a week. Had a bunch of Exide battery issues but a good old lead acid battery fixed that.
The 5 speed is still a bit of a work in progress. I did the rear brakes that were seized up and fixed the parking brake that has never worked. I replaced the flat r/h mirror with a proper convex one.
Looking to go to Cayuga mid august. I printed the schedule for Test and Tune today.
Alan

91bird
07-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Al, let me know when your going to the track. I would love to take my son out for a day and maybe do a run with my car in stock trip to get a before/after numbers for if I ever get a wrench to it haha. Would be a nice excuse to go and watch a fellow scer.
I am hoping to get back to day shift by mid august some time so when that happens I will try and arrange something at the local cruise on fridays in Whitby if anyone is interested.
Ryan, I feel your pain man, and I havent been around here as long as you but its sure dropped off since I joined.

Drew

shoalcracker
07-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Not denying it's tough.

They have beautiful lines and semi complicated engineering. It's a brute when you have to redo the engineering that cost $100's of millions to develop.

It's part of the passion I guess.

I will say whether lucky or handy, they are one of the nicest looking cars on the road and totally reliable.
In a small town with the only two I get a lot of comments. (wherever I go)

In my runs south to the Carolina's I have only encountered one. That was in Shallotte.

Paul

shoalcracker
07-27-2015, 10:50 PM
Al

You've been in the basement.

Let me know if you want to test pieces for troubleshooting.

Paul

shoalcracker
07-27-2015, 11:10 PM
Drew

If the timing is right I would consider giving you a run.

I don't track the car anymore but it would be fun in the right rpm to see what it does vs stock.

Paul

91bird
07-27-2015, 11:47 PM
LOL sure Paul I'll line er up with ya. Now were talking man. haha

Drew

ALS35
07-28-2015, 07:21 AM
Good to see some interest in the track. All you guys need to do now is talk a little smack. I'll line up next to either of you if you want. Make you feel like you're driving a Mustang, heh heh.
Car is still running stupid right now. Might have it sorted tonight.
Alan

91bird
07-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Good stuff Al, would love to see your car in action again.
Mine well, not so much but I would be happy to help anyone feel much better about their car by racing them. My wife felt real good after her stupid odyssey walked away from the sc. But the carpet got in the way of the pedal or things would have been different lol:mad: Yeah I'll go with that one.

Drew