1995 XR7 on Mecum

I bet it clears 15-20k.

If that clears 15-20k be on the look out for my car on Mecum! That said, I also don't think it'll go for as low as 4k. If you think it will then place your bid, that would be a great buy. My guess is the reserve is around 10-12k and it may or may not fetch that.

There is nothing particularly special about a 95 XR7, so other than this being a very clean example, it's just not going to garner the collector interest. As for the "professionally lowered", perhaps the owner just figures a collector might like to know a low-mileage car like this wasn't being monkeyed with by the shade-tree mechanic.

I'd take it for 4-5k if my pregnant wife wouldn't leave me in the process..... This would be a great starting point for a DOHC 4.6 build or even just a DD.

I would say 5 or at most $6000.00 would buy that car at most auctions. The car isn't anything special, and only the low mileage will sell it to a dealer that is going to resell it.

Keep in mind, there was a low mile 35th on Barrett-Jackson a couple of years ago that didn't even get $5k.

Damn! Who got that deal?

I was at a car show on Saturday with my XR7 and there was very little to no interest in it. Now to be fair, I was walking around looking at the 100's of Mustangs and Camaros for about 3 hours but from what I witnessed A) they don't catch anybodies eye and B) even if they do, the observer have no idea what it is. I think part of this is a result of the car looking brand new and the styling of it has people thinking it's 6 years old and not 26 years old. To the untrained eye, under the hood may look like some kind of hy-brid of sorts. It remains, that until you put somebodies ~~~ in the passenger seat they just won't get it. I took my buddy for a ride on Sunday and made him a believer. Last Cougar he rode in was my 91 LS 5.0 and the XR7 just blew him away.

Its a clean car but isn't even close to being collectable. That being said it really doesn't matter what the initial cost of vehicle was new or that it has low miles. Its a hard sell even for $4,000 IMO

what will it hammer for @ Mecum?

Won't clear $5K. If 2 SCCOA members get into a bidding war for it, MAYBE it hits $7K.:D

I don't think there are many of us that are here because the tbird or XR7 are good collector platforms, capable of fetching a high collector auction bid. I don't even think they are good attention getting platforms compared to a camaro, or mustang, etc. Frankly my peers think the design of my '94 SC is ugly as sin and heavier than a black hole.

I think I may speak for a few others of us when I say, that you will be hard pressed to find a forced induction, rear wheel drive, IRS car for the price these cars go for. -Now don't let the secret out too much :)

Back