Power steering pulley

plenum

Is a Power steering pulley from a SC the same as a regular 3.8 v6? Where can I get one?? Also, How does the Reservoir come off the Pump?

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to pick up an aluminum pulley, say from SpinningWheels.com $165 [ http://spinningwheels-sc.com/search.aspx?find=power+steering+pulley&log=false&category=40 ] - if too pricey, consider putting an ad in the want to buy forum here...should be common - as for the reservoir, it is pressed onto the housing, sealed with an o-ring, and held there by the fitting on the side:

I don't think you can get the pulley puller/tool onto the shaft and work easily, without risking damage to the IC core, with the IC still mounted. Do yourself a favor, and use it as an excuse to flush out/clean the IC and redo the seals.

Did you make the repair ok yet?

I've pulled my ps pump pulley once, while the IC was already out, so I could replace the pump's front seal.

Ken

Last edited:
p s pump

Did you make the repair ok yet?

I've pulled my ps pump pulley once, while the IC was already out, so I could replace the pump's front seal.

Ken

I was told that the p s pump Line goes under engine. Maybe I`m Leaking from the line. Dont want to buy a Pump if I dont have too. my engine mounts R original and may be resting on the line. Could this be the case? A friend has a lift so I need to check first.

Could be. The line goes back and forth inside the cross-member, and over to the cooler on the passenger side.

attachment.php

They can be difficult to get to, so be sure you know where the leak is from...I'd check the pump's front seal, the valve on the side (shown in the image above) and the seal where the reservoir mates to the pump body too.

If the leaks are on the pump, it might be time to replace the pump itself, along with the seals on the valve.

p s pump

Could be. The line goes back and forth inside the cross-member, and over to the cooler on the passenger side.

attachment.php

They can be difficult to get to, so be sure you know where the leak is from...I'd check the pump's front seal, the valve on the side (shown in the image above) and the seal where the reservoir mates to the pump body too.

If the leaks are on the pump, it might be time to replace the pump itself, along with the seals on the valve.

Thanks for your help. God Bless.

Back