Hood fitment question

FrankenBird

Long story short, I have always liked the way the 96-97 Tbird hoods look. I like that stock cowl/rise they have. I have a 1994 Tbird sc and was wondering if a 96-97 Tbird hood is a direct fit or do I have to change the headlights and all that crap..? also does anyone have a pic of this setup ? exp black !

Not sure it will fit correctly. Here's a 94/95 w/96/97 headlights. Notice the gap between the hood and lights. Since you want to do the opposite, uou may end up with not enough gap.

needs_hood.jpg

I don't care if it eliminates the gap for the air because I have a ram in the bottom of bumper and a hat box as well as a cai. also a new rad and the ac condenser removed,so the minimal air gap loss wont effect me much at all. I actually think my car run too cool anyways.

Unless you update the headlights the hood will possibly hit the lights. I think that is what Mercutio means.

well,if that's the case then it looks like with te stock headlights they will provide more clearance.it looks like the new style lights sit higher..so maby the hood will gap more..i wish someone in the Milwaukee area had a 96-97 black hood for me.

Unless you update the headlights the hood will possibly hit the lights. I think that is what Mercutio means.

Yes, this. Cooling has nothing to do with it.

OP, I'm not sure how you think you're going to get more clearance. Look at the picture I posted again. 94 hood plus 96 headlights equals larger gap. 96 hood plus 94 headlights is going to equal smaller gap. There might be contact.

well,if that's the case then it looks like with te stock headlights they will provide more clearance.it looks like the new style lights sit higher..so maby the hood will gap more..i wish someone in the Milwaukee area had a 96-97 black hood for me.
Ya your prolly right.

Back