PDA

View Full Version : How many left?

91bird
07-27-2015, 11:55 PM
Bruce got something going there so I was wondering how many SC's we have out there in our chapter right now?
Not sure how to get the club users count or if that matters. But basically who still owns/drives or has an SC in various states of rebuild or surgurey?
Anyone need help maybe getting their car going? I know of one guy that could use a hand to keep the SC blood flowing.
I currently own one 90 sc. Running/driving.

Drew

black V8
07-28-2015, 12:38 AM
Hi Drew, I keep trying to tap something out on my smartphone but end up writing novellas and getting frustrated. Really gotta get a computer one day. The 89 5spd you helped me with last yr runs like a charm. Put a ripper shifter in it and new tires. Needs a good detailing but is a joy to drive, thanks for your help with it. As most know I purchased Bruces 90 5spd and am picking it up next week. I'll be tinkering with it hidden in a friends barn till I find the nuts to tell my girlfriend I bought more than just parts out Kingston way. My black 90 XR7 has been at my mechanics since last Fall when I was driving it over to him to get a brake job. On the way I heard a sproing.... Vzzz like something popped off under the motor and then it coughed sputtered and died. I THINK my harmonic balancer took out the crank position sensor but my mechanic is afraid of the thing I think. Talked to him today told him again where to look and he said he'll get on it. At least it was indoors all Winter. My red 89 XR7 still sits outside in the drive needing some tweeking. Dave(351TT) swapped the motor a few yrs ago due to blown head gaskets, cheers Dave,I gotta get out and see you,then I blew them again and Paul did a ton of work on it for me. Head gaskets,latemodel blower/injectors,built tranny. 3000 stall Dirty Dog TC, ported stock exhaust manifolds,Mac intake,bigger maf and throttle body. I just got tired of Effing with it. Someone more handy than myself probably would have it sorted out. Damn I need a garage.

Cheers Guys

tbirdsc357
07-28-2015, 03:14 AM
Drove the car pretty hard these last few days, tonight I'm doing a good 180kph and I let off, car starts bucking, knocking, check engine light, zero oil pressure 😡

ALS35
07-28-2015, 07:29 AM
I have two. A '93 AOD with a killer motor and a '93 5 speed that is getting TLC a bit at a time.
Steve, I hope it isn't to sick. Sound like a cam sensor with the bucking knocking thing but the oil pressure is a concern. When my cam chain broke it just went thump and stopped, so I don't think you are that deep.
Looking forward to having both my cars driveable and then calling some meets. It would be sad to have to go to a summer meet in the F150.
Alan

tbirdsc357
07-28-2015, 02:33 PM
I have two. A '93 AOD with a killer motor and a '93 5 speed that is getting TLC a bit at a time.
Steve, I hope it isn't to sick. Sound like a cam sensor with the bucking knocking thing but the oil pressure is a concern. When my cam chain broke it just went thump and stopped, so I don't think you are that deep.
Looking forward to having both my cars driveable and then calling some meets. It would be sad to have to go to a summer meet in the F150.
Alan

Not the cam sensor, i changed that and the noise is still nasty, and no oil pressure

91bird
07-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Good stuff guys thanks for replying,
Steve, doesnt sound too promissing but lets hope its not too bad whatever it is.
Tony, you snuck that nice 90 off Bruce eh. haha good stuff man. I was really considering it but I just couldnt make it happen right now so least a local club guy got a nice car.

Drew

Steve Richards
07-28-2015, 07:30 PM
1989 runs; 1990 suffering brake woes - abs pump likely shot as I got power to the motor.

tbirdsc357
07-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Looks as if I have a spun rod bearing.......gotta find a way to get the car down to dave, anyone know when I can rent a flatbed

91bird
07-28-2015, 10:20 PM
That sucks Steve,
I just rented a car trailer from UHAUL a few weeks ago to move my old truck. Decent trailer actually. was 70 bux for the day if I remember correctly.
I used to have access to a good car trailer, but the guy sold it recently otherwise I'd offer it to ya.

Drew

91bird
07-28-2015, 10:21 PM
You have something to tow it with?

Ryan A Harris
07-29-2015, 10:34 AM
That sucks Steve. At least by catching it early, you have not damaged anything else. Is that still the stock bottom end?

tbirdsc357
07-29-2015, 10:39 AM
That sucks Steve. At least by catching it early, you have not damaged anything else. Is that still the stock bottom end?

Yea it is.....

tbirdsc357
07-29-2015, 10:41 AM
You have something to tow it with?

Drew, Im gonna probably rent a truck for a day.....and a trailer if I can't find someone with one.

ALS35
07-29-2015, 05:10 PM
Steve;
Truck with trailer. And me. It'll only cost gas and lunch. A Sunday would be best. Dave races on Saturdays. The truck knows the way. The trailer has a winch for loading as well. So far my car and Tony's car have been on it. PM me if you are interested.
Alan

shoalcracker
07-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Steve

Sorry to hear.

Sounds like pretty good service duty for stock bottom end though.

Paul

tbirdsc357
07-30-2015, 10:28 PM
Steve;
Truck with trailer. And me. It'll only cost gas and lunch. A Sunday would be best. Dave races on Saturdays. The truck knows the way. The trailer has a winch for loading as well. So far my car and Tony's car have been on it. PM me if you are interested.
Alan

Al, that's amazing and very generous of you, pm sent

Shoe
08-04-2015, 05:22 AM
I still have my 92,I've got a rebuilt pumpkin to go in it and needs rockers installed

ALS35
08-04-2015, 10:54 AM
I got the 5 spd back from the tranny shop last friday. Drives like a new car and the ripper shifter is how these should have been from the factory.
Now if I could just get my AOD car sorted, life would be grand.
Alan

Peterdroy66
08-10-2015, 11:25 AM
My 92' is being driven regularly, actually did a clay bar treatment few weeks ago, think it improved the wind resistance!

Has been skipping/bucking like the CAM sensor symptoms, but not done it enough to do anything for certain about it.

Pete

92RED
08-14-2015, 09:41 AM
I still put a thousand or two km's on my 92 every year.

vytas
08-20-2015, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone,

I still have my 91 SC AOD - but last summer when i developed some kind of lower end engine problem, and abruptly would not re-start, i had it towed and it's been sitting in my garage ever since. Up until then, it was all pretty good. I will have to look into getting some engine work done.

shoalcracker
08-20-2015, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone,

I still have my 91 SC AOD - but last summer when i developed some kind of lower end engine problem, and abruptly would not re-start, i had it towed and it's been sitting in my garage ever since. Up until then, it was all pretty good. I will have to look into getting some engine work done.

I have a long block with 85m km's on it if that helps.

Steel valve covers included. (93)

Paul

vytas
08-29-2015, 10:38 AM
I have a long block with 85m km's on it if that helps.

Steel valve covers included. (93)

Paul

Thanks Paul for the offer - but i'm not in a position to do anything about it in the immediate future. Ideally would like Dave D work on it .. at some point :)