PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Cougar XR-7 for sale: British Columbia Canada

Cougarfetish
08-02-2015, 03:42 PM
1990 Mercury Cougar XR7 - 3.8L Supercharged V6 Auto - Red Exterior, Cloth grey interior - 240,000 miles (previously from USA) - 210 Horsepower - 315 ft/lbs of torque

I hate to see it go, but I bought a newer car a couple years ago and said "I'll just fix these little things sometime"... famous last words. Just never got around to it. Need it gone for the space.

I really feel like all she needs is a bit of attention, some minor things, a bit of care, and it will be a ton of fun for someone again.

The Bad:
Tires flat and bald (Another spare set with car that are good)
Small hole in drivers side tail light (as seen in picture, about the size of a quarter)
Rear bumper's clear coat is peeling.
Driver seat motor quit (won't move forward or back)
Both window motors quit too (I'm sure it's the window motors)
Headlight lense needs some glue (We're talking 25 year old glue here!)
Ignition lock broke (was about to finally work on fixing some of these things and then all of a sudden the lock cylinder went!)
It could use a tune up I'm sure again, it's got it's rumblings here and there. But nothing more than cleaning out some stuff, changing plugs etc.

The Good:
Engine, Supercharger, and Transmission all were running strong before I parked her. Rebuilt the transmission approx 30,000 kms before I parked her. Plenty of power left in it! The body is good but not mint by any means. but No rust anywhere, and no big dents/scratches. Interior is in amazing condition, seats still look great, no rips or anything. Still looks purdy.

Taking offers or would consider parting out if there's interest in enough parts.

Have lots of pics but couldn't post through here. PM/Email for more info.

Contact by email or PM
onceuponaderek at gmail dot com

Cougarfetish
08-14-2015, 10:53 AM
I've been helped by searching on this forum a lot of times. I have it listed for $1100 locally. I'd definitely take $800 for it if it was someone on the board, just to see it go to someone who wants it.

Any interest?

Cougarfetish
09-06-2015, 12:57 AM
Update: Sold