5spd won't go last couple inches

BirdofPrey97

Clutch line is out, bleeder is out and it won't budge. Going to get the driveshaft in and see if splines are the issue. Pumped the clylinder several times and that didn't change anything.

Idk exactly what you mean, but I just removed and reinstalled my 5 speed and I couldn't get the trans all the way flush with engine, and after 8 hours of pulling the trans and realigning it like 5 times to try a better fit I never got the gap between the engine and trans smaller than a inch and I ended up pulling it in with the bellhousing bolts, which was not recommended on this forum lol

Idk exactly what you mean, but I just removed and reinstalled my 5 speed and I couldn't get the trans all the way flush with engine, and after 8 hours of pulling the trans and realigning it like 5 times to try a better fit I never got the gap between the engine and trans smaller than a inch and I ended up pulling it in with the bellhousing bolts, which was not recommended on this forum lol

Ouch! Your clutch functions smooth?

I wish I could blame this on the car, but it was my fault. TOB was backwards. I took a pic and posted on FB and it hit me. 

Gave Alan and Dave a good laugh about midnight last night.

Last edited:
Ouch! Your clutch functions smooth?

Yea it all works perfect, I slowly pulled the trans in with the bellhousing bolts and I got everything nice and flush. I'm pretty sure my problem was the alignment dowels seizing up in their holes and not letting me just push the trans all the way up to the engine by hand

Back