PDA

View Full Version : Subs?

romigh871
11-19-2002, 06:33 PM
I was going to put my 2 12s in my 90 sc and noticed that the ride controller and abs unit are located in the truck. I am worried that if i put them in that i could mess up eaither of those and that would not be worth it. Has anyone had a problem when they installed them with eaither of those units?

GONE14S
11-19-2002, 08:20 PM
I run a pair of polk 10s right under the tray that holds the units. I have'nt had a problem yet and I'm running 800watts.
Go for it!!!!!!

Kurt Sr

nervekiler
11-20-2002, 12:31 AM
wow gone14s i have to compliment you on your car. its one of the cooler lookin SCs ive seen out there. i like the banner alongside the bottom.

peace

Robert Kohlman
11-20-2002, 12:33 AM
In my 90 SC I removed the tray and relocated the computers to the top of my sub box. I put velcro on the Computers and ARC Relays and they just stick to the top of the box. I have had no problems with them to date. I also removed the factory sub woofer and amps because I am not using them.

I think that I am going to run 10's in my 95 and leave the tray up there.

Bob

95supercoupe
11-20-2002, 01:01 AM
Didn't modify anything, 3 10's.

http://www.defnet.com/~kj/95system.jpg

Robert Kohlman
11-20-2002, 01:07 AM
How does the 3-10's sound? I think you can get that 10 box at Circuit City. I'm not sure if I'm going to do 1 JL Audio 10, or what at this point.

Bob

95supercoupe
11-20-2002, 01:14 AM
Those subs are not the best quality. They are MTX Thunder 4000 subs. If I did it all over again I would put in 2 12" JL's, but I now have them hooked up to a 600 watt rms MTX amp running at 4 ohms, so it's pretty loud. I am running that Rockford amp in the picture to my Infinity front speakers. I highly recomend the Kappa 572.5cf speakers for up front as I'm running 90 watts rms to each and they sound great.

GONE14S
11-20-2002, 01:19 AM
I had a box designed to fit under the tray and go from one side to the other behind the fold down seats. When you fold down the seats it looks like a factory panel was installed.

Nervekiler,
Thanks for the compliment. I had a sign print shop do up the strips on the rocker panels and added some smaller writing on each fender and the rear deck lid. You can't see the smaller writing on the fenders in this pic.

Kurt Sr

blk93sc
11-20-2002, 01:27 AM
Hey, I have two 12's in a custom box that just fits right under the tray. I haven't had any problems... But must people face the subs backwards... I also have them facing back...
My stereo guy at Audio Video has told me that his buddy with a sc has faced them forward and ported through the back deck... they had tryed many variations of subs and placements... but found out through testing that this placement worked best and actually won him a few awards for his stereo...

AsScLoWn
11-20-2002, 01:29 AM
mmmm subway pizza subs yummay!!!:) , I say 2 6s, the foot long is hard to handle;) . Dont put them in your trunk it'll get that musty smell:(

Robert Kohlman
11-20-2002, 01:31 AM
In my 90 Sc I have Boston RC820 Components up front and Boston RX87 5x7 coaxs in the rear. I'm running 2 Kicker Comp VR-12's in a sealed box. I'm using a Soundstream MC-300 4x75 to run the front and rears and a Rockford Fosgate Punch 200 DSM to the two 12's. The car pounds and sounds real good. It has been RTA'd and flattened out a bit with an octave EQ.

I just installed 4 JL Audio 5x7' Coaxs in my 95 SC tonight. They are running off of a Kenwood Excelon Head Units power for now. I'm thinking of doing 1 or 2 JL 10's in a sealed box so that the car has a different sound than my 90. My friend is a JL Dealer so I usually buy whatever he tells me to get. He used to be a Boston Dealer but I can't get that stuff any more.:mad:

I worked at Circuit City when I was in college so I know that they don't typically carry the top-shelf stuff. I bought the SoundStream amp there many years ago when we sold that brand for a short period. It was too high-end for the type of customer that shops there.

Bob

lostsoul74
01-14-2003, 01:44 PM
I dont know about the 90, but in my 94, I found tripple 10s from visonik, 800 rms, 1600 max, ran in 4 ohm paralell, great looks, and excellent frequency response, two sealed subs faced forward, and the center is a bandpass reversed, mirrored and neon, etc. the measurements fit snug under the tray, but you have to remove factory sub ofcourse, leaves 1 inch exposed either side. all for 230 bucks from cardiscountstereos.com, do a google search on the model number, I think v3b10 if I remember to find a better price outthere, cant beat it.

lostsoul74
01-14-2003, 01:46 PM
and oh yea, I dont have the visoniks yet, my springs project, having a baby in a couple weeks, but I have definately looked into visonik and hear great things, if anyone is running visonik, expecially this system, let me know how it sounds in the bird. thankx.......

bbird94
01-16-2003, 01:37 AM
I made a box for my '94 SC and put 12's in there with a 1000 watt amp to fit. I just made my box 13" high to clear and have room for that tray. Though I had to take out the stock sub box up in the right hand corner. Now as in heat issues I have not had that problem yet so far. Though I have had them for three months and ran them for a long time for long trips.

lostsoul74
01-16-2003, 02:02 AM
thanks, yea, that visonik tripplet box is 12 3/4 by 35 and 18 deep, perfect fit, couldnt ask for better.

http://www.visonikcaraudio.com/productcatalog.cfm?class=288

you can get it for about 230 by shopping around, list is around 4 bills. they were at discountcarstereos.com but no longer listed, but I did run accross them for the same range elsewhere, just do a model search on google.

how much rattle do you have in your setup, did you have to do much dynomat (or similiar), or was ford actually decent this time with weld taps.