me and E85

FrankenBird

i have ran e85 in a few of my other mn12's with no problem at all, granted they were all highly built..but, my 94 sc is stock and i was low on money lol shhh im broke foo anyways i thrw e85 in and the car seems to run better than it ever has..has more of the line pick up, better harder jump from rolls. even gives a louder sqauk going into 2nd...im beginning to think all the bad hype about e85 is bs...i did NOTHING to this tbird and shes running nothing but e85 rite now and has been for the past 30 miles. not even a check engine light..am i an odd ball or failing to miss something? NO IT DOES NOT CORRODE THE SYSTEM maby if you had rubber lines from the 30's..but are new rubber is resiliant enough to handle it no problem..
anyone else wanna chime in on e85 with me?

You'll prolly be a broke foo with no ride soon. And not because of corrosion.

Last edited:
You'll prolly be a broke foo with no ride soon. And not because of corrosion.

YUUUUUUP.

:eek:

Ever wonder why they put the E85 badge on some newer cars, but not all of them? :confused:

If you have a near full tank of E85, you need to pump it out.

E85 is great - I use it and Blown38 has (or does) used it too, but it's not something you can just fill up the tank with and go.

The EEC may have enough adaptability to make the car run on E85, but without at least a wideband O2 sensor, you don't know what is really going on in there. You really need to be able to datalog the fuel trims to know for sure. I suspect that the EEC is adding all the fuel it can, but it's likely not enough to be operating the car safely.

i never had any issues with any of my other car. i even inspected the heads ,pistons and everything after running it for over a year on a semi built 4.6..the plugs were never fouled or anything either.i did knowtice ~~~~ gasmileage though but that was the only negative i could see..but ur rite, i should datta log..i will stop the e85 run untill i can get ahlold of someone who can datat log for me while i whip around.

The stock tune is really rich. At over 105 load and 3000 rpm the computer commands 9.87:1 AFR or something like that in the 9s on the 94-95s. So as long as the injectors and pump can flow that, that is probably what has saved you. Being that you need roughly 30% more fuel at wot to run e85. And most likely the tank wasnt completely dry so you are not straight e85 YET. Probably more like e60 or so right now.

Going lean doesn't mean the motor is going to blow up. Leaner than 13.5afr and it can't generate enough fire to burn itself up. I'm not going to recommend anything in particular, but just saying, going lean doesn't mean it goes boom, especially with the stock knock sensor in place and stock boost levels. I've seen people do crazier things and think it was "just fine".

Back