EGR Solenoid problem

plstktnkr2

SCCoA Member
I have a 1989 harness on a 1990 engine and it does not have an EGR in the same place as the 1989, will not having a solenoid or EGR make it not run correctly or at all?

Not all cars actually left the factory with a full EGR installation.

Are you saying you know your car came with everything but the valve has been removed and the port blocked off? Do you have a check engine light or EGR related service code? Are you running a chip?

Not all cars actually left the factory with a full EGR installation.

Are you saying you know your car came with everything but the valve has been removed and the port blocked off? Do you have a check engine light or EGR related service code? Are you running a chip?

I am running an '85 harness in a 1983 Mustang with a motor with (evidently) 1990 parts. the harness has an EGR solenoid plug and the place on the motor where the EGR is supposed to be is not machined for the EGR valve. I am wondering if this will cause issues when it comes to fire the motor the first time. If it will I will have to put the correct blower intake on it
Rick

I am running an '85 harness in a 1983 Mustang with a motor with (evidently) 1990 parts. the harness has an EGR solenoid plug and the place on the motor where the EGR is supposed to be is not machined for the EGR valve.

Many cars have the harness/connector, regardless - they also have an ECU programmed accordingly, so...talk about the tune.

Back