Can you twin charge a sc

If you've got an unlimited bank account and tons of time on your hands I guess you could but ........

...just for fun!

I've always wanted to do this. Through the years there's been several interesting posts about it. Do a quick search and you'll probably find some interesting reads. It's been done in mass manufacturing and reliably...i believe VW did it on some engines for the euro market.

I'd like to attempt this one day when I have the time and $.

I imagine most difficulties would be handling the incredible heat produced by the two, may need a custom build ic. Then just mapping it out

Oh God no! I just got done with a Audi Allroad. After I got it right, all that it took...what a disappointment. Thing was slow! Twin turbo European car are junk! Well, despite all the cool diesel stuff Audi is doing, Audi is junk.

One 70mm turbo is more fun than most people could handle....

Sounds fun and it would be quite unique

Have you thought about switching to an electric driven supercharger? Volvo has a twin charge system set up on a little 2.0L 4cylinder the thing is making like 400hp. This type of setup could make things much easier oh and no more parasites!!!

or what about?

You want boost at across the all ranges? well why not a Sequential Twin-turbo system - one turbocharger for lower engine speeds, and a second or both turbochargers at higher engine speeds.

Or if you just wanna go all crazy and if got money spend try this a twin turbo system with 2 huge turbos and install an anti lag system... boost at all rpm ranges and crazy ~~~ boost at high rpm ranges. And this setup would prolly still be cheaper and less cramped under the engine bay than a supercharger/turbo system.

Anti-Lag System - Ignition Delay - Explained

or
Anti-Lag System - Bypass Valve - Explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g6cHs5vMRE

Last edited:
I imagine most difficulties would be handling the incredible heat produced by the two, may need a custom build ic. Then just mapping it out
LOL that's only part of it. I hade a buddy that did this to a GTP and it now has a 76mm turbo. Its expensive, time consuming and people forget thet the turbo has to pass through the supercharger when it kicks in which needs a modified bypass valve to flow efficiently without creating tons more heat and turbulence. It sounds like a good idea but I will let other people do stuff like this and keep my super coupe just plain super! lol

Best bang for the buck would be swap to splitport heads, triple 12 cam, and run a single 4431 turbo. It would take around 15psi for this setup to make 400s rwhp with killer tq.

Back