Looking for Used Raised blower hat!!!

dostyh

I'm trying to add HP to my SC on a budget. Does anyone have a used Raised E90 blower hat they are looking to sell?
Call or text!
623-806-3825

I'm trying to add HP to my SC on a budget. Does anyone have a used Raised E90 blower hat they are looking to sell?
Call or text!
623-806-3825

Isn't needed unless you're well above the 300 rwhp range, put you money towards another upgrade.

Well I'm sure anything helps.
Probably getting a ported blower with 3 inch intake or whatever size it was... and 42lb injectors and a aftermarket intercooler with ducting that my buddy currently has on his SC. He is considering a turbo 5.0 carb car.
My car is in much nicer shape and I don't want to change the motor out. Just do little things.
Already have 3.55 rear end i put in it and a 10% pulley. Super fun but a little here and there will slowly make this thing quicker.
Future plans is a shift kit and I have a 3000rpm torque converter here. Just need to get bored enough to take the tranny out.

Well I'm sure anything helps.
Probably getting a ported blower with 3 inch intake or whatever size it was... and 42lb injectors and a aftermarket intercooler with ducting that my buddy currently has on his SC. He is considering a turbo 5.0 carb car.
My car is in much nicer shape and I don't want to change the motor out. Just do little things.
Already have 3.55 rear end i put in it and a 10% pulley. Super fun but a little here and there will slowly make this thing quicker.
Future plans is a shift kit and I have a 3000rpm torque converter here. Just need to get bored enough to take the tranny out.

You may find the 3000 stall is too high. You may want to research a bit more and see what others have used and how they like it. I choose a 2400 in mine.

Well the converter was sort of a freebee. I bought a car pretty cheap that didn't run (ended up being a bad fuel pump) it had lots of upgrades on it. I swapped them all to my car then sold that car for what I paid for it lol.
Got bigger sway bars, that ported blower, 3000 stall converter and a few boxes of spare parts that me and my buddy share out of now.

I also custom made long tube headers from a set of mustang long tube headers and has a full custom wide open exhaust with mufflers finally lol.
So the exhaust side is now unrestricted. Now I need to work on the input and output of the blower

Well the converter was sort of a freebee. I bought a car pretty cheap that didn't run (ended up being a bad fuel pump) it had lots of upgrades on it. I swapped them all to my car then sold that car for what I paid for it lol.
Got bigger sway bars, that ported blower, 3000 stall converter and a few boxes of spare parts that me and my buddy share out of now.

I also custom made long tube headers from a set of mustang long tube headers and has a full custom wide open exhaust with mufflers finally lol.
So the exhaust side is now unrestricted. Now I need to work on the input and output of the blower

You will like the 3000 stall TQ converter performance, not so much if you daily drive it. The top looks nice but is a waste of money you could put into other mods.

Ken

From what I have read it is supposed to gain almost 15 horsepower. for a motor that only makes just over 200hp that is a pretty substantial gain. So if I can find one for about $150 or so that would be a pretty cheap mod for the money.

Most of the other mods im looking at to do anything else will cost me hundreds of dollars more than that for the same sort of gain.

Or am I wrong and at high rpm the restricted hat doesn't make enough difference and I'm only going to gain 2hp or something?
I've seen some dyno results that claim they help.

From what I have read it is supposed to gain almost 15 horsepower. for a motor that only makes just over 200hp that is a pretty substantial gain. So if I can find one for about $150 or so that would be a pretty cheap mod for the money.

Most of the other mods im looking at to do anything else will cost me hundreds of dollars more than that for the same sort of gain.

Or am I wrong and at high rpm the restricted hat doesn't make enough difference and I'm only going to gain 2hp or something?

Dyno runs done by other club members show no gain zero nata. Most new guys bolt it on because its easy to do and they cost a pretty penny for nothing but looks. Just like headers on these cars show nothing until you reach a much higher level of HP. If your on a budget spend the bucks on something that makes sense

Ken

I'm in the minority on this site but the best bang for the buck mod in my opinion is nitrous (for the track). I've been running a Zex wet 100 hp shot on my car for years now. First with the stock 94 blower then a MPx, now I have a 2.3 Whipple but haven't run nitrous with it yet. My best in the 1/4 mile on motor with the MPx was 12.2 and 11.1 with the 100 shot, of course I have all forged internals in my motor. Best dyno run on motor with the MPx was 355 rwhp and 483 rwhp with a 100 shot and 1200 psi bottle pressure............:cool:

Last edited:
Lol after looking at your car in your garage section I will never have the amount of cheddar in my car like you do.
I'm not nearly as serious with it.
Your car is definitely amazing.
Also that cold air intake... is that custom or can that be bought somewhere?

I'm probably not going to race it. Maybe go to a test and tune night once in a while for fun. But mostly just play around and I just overall enjoy driving it.

What other bolt ons do you recommend without yanking the motor out?

Also that cold air intake... is that custom or can that be bought somewhere?

It's custom made, I bought 2 sections of 4" aluminum tubing, the largest portion was a 45* section and I bought a 23* ( I think) short bend for the turn at the throttle body. I then had my buddy tig them up along with the slot maf flange, ground it down smooth and had it powdercoated gloss black.

Attachments

• New ic & cai set up 017.JPG
    New ic & cai set up 017.JPG
    302.8 KB · Views: 179
  • New ic & cai set up 033.JPG
    New ic & cai set up 033.JPG
    324.2 KB · Views: 179
I like it. Been tossing around making one. I do some welding. With the tools to do some aluminum welding as well.
I only have a cone filter on my maf. Instead of my airbox.. which sucks. But it does whine louder which I like!
Think it would be neat to build some hand made performance parts.

Haha. True. Although I am trying to get my Tundra paid off in case I want to buy the new Ford Raptor with the EcoBoost. I'm hoping they're not going to be above $50,000 since the model before that was obtainable at $45,000.

But no rush. I have over a year and I'll have a paid off truck by then.

Haha. True. Although I am trying to get my Tundra paid off in case I want to buy the new Ford Raptor with the EcoBoost. I'm hoping they're not going to be above $50,000 since the model before that was obtainable at $45,000.

Where did you find a Raptor for $45k? Should've bought a few of them. I still see lightly used ones going for $60k+ around here all day long...and they sell for that...no rebates or anything.

Damn it! Way to crush my dreams. I did some online shopping. They are quite pricey.
Well my uncle scored one in the mid 40's so he said.. but he does know a lot of people. Probably worked something out in a business deal.

Back