Engine air bypass on throttle body

kennyo

Would this valve going bad cause the engine to die and not restart?? I have changed everything on this damn car ignition wise to try and correct this problem. It acted like an ignition problem losing all spark but if I unplug this valve it mimicks the problem. It will go a day driving fine then it starts acting up and dying. I replaced the crank sensor last year. I was under the impression they were either good or bad. Could this be the problem?? I've tried searching all this but for some reason the search fuction is hit or miss for me.... I'd appreciate the help, I can't figure it out

Run the codes....could be one or more sensors, and/or bad EEC, and/or failing multi-wire ignition switch, etc.

If you don't know how, check with your local auto parts or repair shops...many will run the check for you.

Last edited:
wmdlc-eeciv.jpg

Connect E and 1

Then read the flashes after turning the key to acc

This can be found on passenger firewall or by air box on later model SCs

Tell us what you find.

-Tim

very good possibility a bad isc won't set a fault

crank the throttle about 1/4 way when you crank it, if she fires right up and dies when you let off the throttle like clock work then the iac valve is faulty

Check the 3 main fuses in the engine bay. I had to reinsulate ABS fuse connection because the plastic was deteriorating.

It's not throwing any codes at all. It doesn't repeat the same way every time either...When its running I've wiggled and puled every wire and connector. When I unplugged the aic/bypass valve it acted like it did when it quit.....

I had a crank sensor go out before and replaced it. Would this be intermittent or is it a absolute failure when it goes bad???

Back