M112+10%pulley+ Nos

RoomstaT-bird

I got a sweet deal of this M112 supercharger+ i have 10%SC pulley for this.
now what are the necessary things i need to do to make it run good.
plus i want to spray it with smallshots of Nos(50/75hp eachside).
I know that heads must be done.
Megasquirt ECU
new injectors(but how big should they be?
new performance fuelpump
New MAF- which one?
new TB
what else?

and what are the risks what should be avoided
and how much hp will it all make around...with nos and without.

I thought the m112 needed some pretty big modifications to be able to fit...such as snout shortening and what not, but I sure others will chime in as to that.

I dont know nothin about it, all i found from internet was that they have installed it to Mustangs several times..
i thought the engine should be prettymuch the same...so are they always shortening the SC or is the mustang´s engine itself bigger by belts being far off?
thats why i have you guys to sort this out :D

If was on a V6 Mustang then someone else did the work for you, though most likely I suspect it was on a 4.6/5.4 and those are a much simpler bolt on.

I got a sweet deal of this M112 supercharger+ i have 10%SC pulley for this.
now what are the necessary things i need to do to make it run good.
plus i want to spray it with smallshots of Nos(50/75hp eachside).
I know that heads must be done.
Megasquirt ECU
new injectors(but how big should they be?
new performance fuelpump
New MAF- which one?
new TB
what else?

and what are the risks what should be avoided
and how much hp will it all make around...with nos and without.

Pictures would help. More information too. Is this a SC T bird?

Ken

I am going to assume that he is talking about m112 v6 mustangs. They are easy to install onto 99-04 v6 mustangs because they have split port induction. There are a few different adaptor plate designs where you can more or less slap the m112 on, get a new belt and you're good to go. But the m112 is much more complicated to get working on a supercoupe motor. I've never done an m112 install on a supercoupe motor but it has been done and there have been threads about it on this forum in the past. From what I remember the cost vs power gain isn't worth the hassle. If it were me I'd sell the m112 and buy an mpx.

That won't even come close to bolting onto an SC. To my knowledge, the only person who successfully ran an M112 was Ricardoa1, and really his was just M112 rotors stuffed into a modified M90 case, and even that required extensive machining and modification of the snout and the lower intake manifold. Here is a thread showing that setup.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?89988-M112-Hybrid-Group-Buy-Interest

Realistically, no matter how good a deal you got on that M112, it isn't worth it to try to install it. You will spend less money to buy an MPX, which will be a direct bolt-on swap and make more power.

Okay.
thank you all for that information.

MPX- this is just a perf. case to my M90?
i need to swap snout etc.?
it aint just a bolt on?
and i found the right internet address it costs around 1000dollars.?
+ other modifications needs to be done more thoroughly?

Okay.
thank you all for that information.

MPX- this is just a perf. case to my M90?
i need to swap snout etc.?
it aint just a bolt on?
and i found the right internet address it costs around 1000dollars.?
+ other modifications needs to be done more thoroughly?
The mpx is a bolt on replacement for the stock blower. It uses the same snout as stock. It's about 1200 bucks new but they pop up in the for sale section every now and then. If you wanted to save a few hundred bucks you could opt for a ported 94/95 m90 with a magnum powers inlet plenum. A good ported 94/95 can support 300hp.

Didn't David Neibert do this and was kinda dissapointed in the performance?

No I did the conversion you are thinking of. It was a piece of junk in my opinion. It made huge heat massive torque & low horsepower. Way to much work money and sweat. Very disappointed in its performance.

Ken

No I did the conversion you are thinking of. It was a piece of junk in my opinion. It made huge heat massive torque & low horsepower. Way to much work money and sweat. Very disappointed in its performance.

Ken

Any thoughts to as why such a failure?

Any thoughts to as why such a failure?

Two things. The rotors are a lot longer and spinning it faster to make more boost doesn't give the long rotors to completely fill with air. It literally beats a hole in the air. Spinning faster makes a lot of heat. Not something you want but get in a roots blower. It is not a bad blower setup if u keep it slower and only make 8 to 10 lbs of boost. I was making over 19lbs of boost and using a lot of hp to turn it that fast.

Ken

Back