Start interrupt relay

Garym

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm hoping someone knows the exact location of the start interrupt relay on a '94 SC? (Motorcraft # DY864). EVTM says its under the left instrument panel, circuit 252 but for some reason I'm not finding it.

Welcome - according to my EVTM (for 94) it's inside the LH fender underneath the shroud. Oddly though this diagram/photo looks much like 89-93 year cars... Hope this helps you.

Capture.JPG

start interrupt relay

Thanks for the reply. My manual has the same pic and I also noted it looked like an earlier year, the orientation of the power distribution box looks different than my 94. The circuit diagram has the notation about it being under the instrument panel. I'll keep looking. Thanks again

start interrupt relay loc for '94

If it matters for anyone with a '94, looks like the location for the Start Interrupt Relay is under the left side of the inst panel. Easiest access is to remove the lower panel, the relay is attached to the left hand vertical support. The wire color coding looks correct but the location as indicated in the EVTM for '94 can be confusing as pictured in the illustration.

Back