Where can I get info on racing my car, I mean road not drag.

Just to add to this discussion, drawing on my own racing background ...

If you want to get into doing some amateur Solo I or Solo II events for fun with an SC, go for it. But if you expect to be competitive against the other makes and models of cars in the same class, in Solo or in road-racing, it's not going to happen with an SC. Even with a bunch of mods, running in an open class, you're going to get your ass kicked by the good cars and drivers.

I've done a bit of open-track lapping with my SC at a few tracks, it doesn't work too bad for a 4000 lb. car ... but that's just it, the car is at least 500 lbs. overweight for doing that type of stuff really.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

The bottom line is that you are there to have fun and chances are very good that you can beat at least one other driver. I didn't do so hot the first time I went, but I listened and learned from everyone and did pretty well the next time.

I was able to finish 19th out of 27 cars (PAX ranking):

http://members.aol.com/snyrscca/2002results/results081802.htm

I know a lot of people there were surprised at what these cars can do but go more than once and enjoy yourself.

-Ron

Nick, these gentlemen are right on about it. And like Ron says, it is so much fun to see people go "JEEZ I didn't think SC's could do so well. " They are a kick on a track.

Back