i hate salesmen..

nervekiler

ok so i see this cool lookin ad on autotrader.com here
seems pretty cool huh? yea so its a good deal and all so i called the guy up on the phone on monday after school. hes all like, yea we have allot of people come and look at it and we are advertisin it for 3 grand at the lot and 1650 online and no can come up with the money (im thinkin to myself, its not allot of money... i better hurry and get this thing before someone else does). i tell the salesman that i am very interested and i ask him to tell me about the car. he says its a 5speed and just barely mentions the details like its a supercharged engine and makes it sound like the average tbird. i asked if it ran good and he says, yea it runs and drives great. he then said that "that is all he can tell me". so im thinkin, its a pretty average bird and i would be lucky if its stil there the next couple days when i plan to go buy it. so i tel him ill be driving down from across the northwest to buy it the next day and hes like, ok buddy.

i show up and it is a POS! the passenger side rear window is busted out, the drivers door doesnt open, the radio was stolen out of it and has the wires all dangling out. there was still glass on the rear seats from when the window was broken out! the interior was basically thrashed and we are amazed that the guy didnt tell us this BEFORE we started our 12 hourtrip! it took 5 1/2 hours just to drive there and we only stayed at the dealer for not even 5 minutes. i HATE SCUMBAGS like that salesman. he could of told us before that the car was in such bad shape.

i had to vent, thanks for reading. feel free to post your opinions. peace

wow that sucks man..i briefly..and i mean briefly worked at a stealership...and thats bs...in fact i got my t bird(the exact same one u were lookin at in fact) at a dealership..so far...rebuilt trans. stereo went completely out water pump wen tout. head gasket blew. and thermostat went out..

oh well..good luck anyway

NOT ALL SALESMEN & DEALERSHIPS ARE BAD!!!!!!

Why must these type of people(salesmen refered to earlier in this post) further vindicate the stereotype that all car salesmen and dealerships are crooked scumbags. It's simply not true! Obvisiously, this is a case where the guy didn't do the right thing. However, not everybody does business like that! The dealership that I sell for has been ranked number one in customer service over the past several months in the Kansas City Region. And that was by our customers, not JD Power & Associates.

Sorry, just had to vent ;)

Thomas

yea i dont know if i mentioned this before but i work at a ford dealership here in yakima and there are some cool salesmen/women.

don't forget

no matter how nice a salesperson is they are still taking your MONEY, that never feels good.
And when you run into an A$$ like that its feels even worse. You should have offered the guy 25$ to take the car off his hands.

That's like saying that all sales persons smoke pot........oh wait never mind.

ha ha, i think that can be said of any working person, almost.

jim

Back