PDA

View Full Version : Track Day

ALS35
09-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Hey guys;
I am going to Cayuga on Sept 19 (Saturday) to see what she's got. The car is currently at the transmission shop getting a Lentech valve body installed and I should have it back at the end of the week.
I haven't had the opportunity to take it to the track since Dave rebuilt my engine. I've run a few tanks of gas through it now, so I think I won't hurt it doing a few passes. I'd like to shake it down before the Shootout that is coming up fast. That is happening on Thanksgiving weekend again this year. With a truck and trailer as part of my fleet now, I am sure that I will at least make it there this year. And home again if I break it.
The track opens at 11:00 am 'til 4:00 pm. I plan to be there so that I can be ready for the track opening.
Come to think of it, I haven't had a chance to run the car with the monster intercooler yet either. Should be an interesting day.
Alan

tbirdsc357
09-10-2015, 06:10 PM
Good luck Al.....I am without car or else Id try to make it. Let us know what it does.

Superbird281
09-16-2015, 12:40 PM
Depending on how fast the transmission shop cures my perpetual vibration problem, I might join you.

ALS35
09-20-2015, 07:33 AM
So I guess the racing community as a wholes were scared off by the threat of rain yesterday. There was only one other car at the track.
I put in two passes and it was good and bad. The good: the engine is awsome powerful. Got a really good trap speed.
The bad: the Lentech valve body that I had installed in the transmission has an issue. It grabs a false neutral on the 1-2 shift, engine gets to the rev limiter, car falls on it's face, then the trans shifts. I figure it costs me at least a second on the ET. The shift points are perfect and the OD lockout works perfectly. It's going back to the shop for the trans to be adjusted. It works well on the street but not so much at WOT. The 2-3 shift was perfect so once it got into second gear it really boogied.
My reaction time needs work and I could improve my 60' time with better rear tires although it didn't spin on the line.
I have just under three weeks to sort the trans before the shootout.
Alan
(Times and speeds not posted on purpose)

black V8
09-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Glad to hear the motor is running nice Al,the tranny shop will sort out the wot shift I'm sure but it sucks to have to bring it back again. At least you didn't find this out at the shoot out.
Cheers Tom

Payton
09-28-2015, 08:59 PM
Al, any updates from the Transmision shop?

ALS35
10-02-2015, 05:29 PM
The car is there today (Oct 2). I'll know soon.
Alan

ALS35
10-04-2015, 10:12 PM
The car is back from the trans shop. I test drove it but without any traction it was hard to tell. The TV cable was replaced and correctly adjusted and it seems to work great but the track will tell me. I won't know now 'til I'm on the track at the shootout. It was really hard to get an accurate idea when the wheels were spinning in all the gears.
Alan