What sample tube for my c&l do i need..?

Before anyone can answer, we need to know what year your car is, what size C&L MAF and what size injectors you are using.

David

I have a 1994 and its a 76mm mafs c&l housing unit, so 36lb injectors..
sorry, I always forget to mention year and mods, I cant make a signature for some reason.
and its not listed also but what would I need for 42lb injectors? because if I got the wrong tube ille just save it and sell it with my 36lb injectors for someone with a 89-93 looking to upgrade and get a 42lb sample tube.
and 1 more thing...does the tapered end or flat end of the sample tube face the cone filter? it is the tapered end correct? if not this one came installed wrong..

Last edited:
If you are ruining a tune it shouldn't matter what tube is in it as long as it is for bigger injectors than you are running. You are going to put the maf curve in the tune anyway and then tune it from there. The "calibration tube" is only there to trick the computer into thinking something else not actually tune the car. The curve will be off and could possibly be either really rich or really lean. My experience on my t bird with the c&l was idle was spot on but higher up the rpm range was way off. In trying to diagnose an issue with my Mustang I swapped the MAF over and put the proper curve in and it was lean.

im going to use the proper sample tube for the time being until I can get a custom tune. I have to do a few more performance parts befor I get the tune..i just need to know now what sample tube I need for 42lb injectors for my 1994 and its a 76mm housing unit..i know I got the rite tube for 36's for the 89-93 but I don't know if itle work rite for my 94 and I might as well sellit with my 36lb injectors since im going to 42's anyways..

well, im using the orange for now until I know for shur what tube I need for 42lb injectors..
My opinion on the 76mm unit..egh, it is a dog until about 7mph and then it pulls very strong and hard as well as at any other speed. I do see I am running a little lean according to my afr gauge..At 1st the car wouldn't hold an idle and die and then I revved it hard a few times and restarted it and it then held a perfect idle and that's when I proceeded to take it for a test drive..
can someone chime in on what tube id need? im guessing I just follow the c&l chart(purple tube) because the orange seems to work for my 36's even though it said 89-93.

Yeah orange for the 42's and gold for the stock injectors....

orange is for 42's ??? I thought its for 36-38's..unless for the 1994 sc's its orange..i hope so because I have an orange tube now but I have in my stock 36lb injectors not my 42's yet.

SWEET, I hope my orange is for the 42's( I wonder where he got the info on that,i even emailed c&l and they didn't have an answer for me). then im good to go,just have to install everything. I can tell im going to need a tube because she is such a dog off the line but when it gets going I can really feel the power from a 3in custom true cai ,76mm mafs and 75mm Tbody..I have a 7% pulley and belt coming and when that comes ille also put in my 42's and save for my catless down tubes im going to need and then when its all done itle be tune time,hopefully my wife buys me that for Xmas.lol..

Anything after 38# injectors will need a chip made before you can drive it...and C&L pretty much closed up business but SCP has found an alternative to sample tubes and Mafs

Back