Pix of gauge clusters with LED bulbs (factory white or green)?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Howdy all,

Will be replacing my speedo with one with a new odometer gear. While I'm at it I wanted to replace the bulbs and bulb bases in my gauge cluster. While I was looking for the bulb size here I noticed a few have recommended using LED lights but none of the post I read had pictures of the results or comparison of before & after.

I'm just looking for an original replacement bulb, if LED's are a little brighter and clear then I'll go with that. Definitely not looking into changing any colors or having the lights so bright that it looks like there's a rave happening inside the car. All my other lights are stock.

Anyone have an pix or recommendations?

thanks!

Nighttime_On-640.JPG

There's one from my Cougar.

White ribbon behind the gauges, appropriate colors in the indicator spots (green for turn signals, blue for high beam, etc.)

The "fuzz" is reflection glare from my camera.

It dims just fine down to about 8V into the lights, then they cut off.

RwP

why replace the whole speedo? you know you can just replace the odometer gear? its VERY simple and cost less. I even have a nice one that doesn't get wrecked by the heat, its the blue one scp sells for 90 bucks, I even have extra needles encase you break urs removing it..30 bucks shipped only, I even have the gear drive with it.

why replace the whole speedo? you know you can just replace the odometer gear? its VERY simple and cost less. I even have a nice one that doesn't get wrecked by the heat, its the blue one scp sells for 90 bucks, I even have extra needles encase you break urs removing it..30 bucks shipped only, I even have the gear drive with it.

So ur selling the stuff in the pic for $30 shipped? IF so PM me your info I'll take it :).

I'm replacing the speedo with a different 140 mph unit that I already swapped a new gear into. Just doing a straight swap to make things quick and easy and no wait. The speedo coming out is also getting a new gear, having the odometer adjusted to the correct mileage and being installed in the chameleon blue car.

Last edited:
Back