Lowering Springs

BUDXR7

Looking for some advice. If your ARC shock absorbers were still good and all you wanted to do was replace your springs what would be on your list parts to replace while it's apart? All parts are stock original with 15k miles on them. Everything is tight. The protective boot on the upper control arm is split but all bushings seem good.

If that boot is split, you need to replace the UCA. Other than that, at 15K miles, I would probably leave everything else alone. While it is apart though, check the upper shock mount and the rubber isolators between the spring and the shock.

You may want to also consider replacing the rear sway bar end links to maintain proper geometry when lowered.

And don't forget to have the alignment checked when all done.

Great feedback guys. Thanks.

If I'm having the work done at a shop can I just supply them with the ball joint instead of the whole control arm? Is the savings worth it?

Also, I know there are probably discussions about this, but have any members found they could reduce wheel hop by altering the toe or caster(not sure if this is adjustable?) on the rear alignment? Would there be straight line acceleration vs at-speed cornering trade-offs?

Back