PDA

View Full Version : New president of Ontario chapter

Payton
09-20-2015, 02:37 PM
Hey everybody,
Sorry I disappeared for quite some time, but work is too busy, trying to spend some time with the family and all that funny stuff around it kept me extremely busy.
Unfortunately, Ive got not time for the club or even to drive my car lately...
SO Alan and I met up today for a cup of coffee and a little talk. we decided that its better for everybody that he takes over the presidency of the ontario chapter
There you have it guys, weve got new president.

ALS35
09-20-2015, 02:57 PM
I have thought long and hard about this. I'm glad that Dzmitry looks to the health of the chapter and the waning interest that has been evident to agree to this change.
I feel that there are still a lot of folks with these cars and that this chapter has life. If you look at the chapter list on the forums home you will see that we have been the most active chapter in the club.
Once I have cleared this with Dave Niebert and Pat I hope to get some more interest and activity rolling along. I know it is late in the season, but there is some planning and re-building to do.
I would like to get back to meeting every two weeks at various locations and perhaps plan some cruise night meets for when they start up again next spring. Also, maybe some more track days. I still feel strongly that 'wrench meets' will help to spread the knowledge and make the ownership of a Super Coupe less intimidating for anyone just getting into it.
I'm looking forward to working with all that are interested to make this chapter more entertaining and helpful to those that need it.
Alan

Quik95SC
09-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Congrats Alan,
I am sure the Ontario chapter will still be in good hands with you taking over.

Smitty

black V8
09-22-2015, 10:42 PM
That's great, congrats Al and good luck at the Shootout.
Tom

tbirdsc357
09-23-2015, 06:51 PM
Nice...congrats Alan, and thanks D for the good work

91bird
09-24-2015, 12:20 PM
Payton,
Thanks for leadingt he ship last few years. I'm sure we can all understand the family commitments and al that goes into that.
Al, Congrats and great to hear. Would be great to see you get some action going again and I'm sure your the right guy for it.

Thanks to both you guys.
Drew

Payton
09-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Thanks for kind words guys. Iam sure that with Alan we are moving in the right direction. He has been the most active member in our chapter for many years and good representative of our north side to the club events.
Keep up the good work, Al

fast Ed
09-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Payton, thanks for all you've done since taking over, very tough to make the time for the hobby when you have long hours at work and a young family. Alan is certainly keen to do this, and has the free time available I think to get some more activity happening in the area. Because the cars are getting older now, I doubt that we'll ever see the counts that we had at some of the meets in our heydays in the early to mid 2000s, but there are still enough interested and active people around that it's worth the effort to keep the chapter lively.

cheers
Ed

Ryan A Harris
10-07-2015, 01:45 PM
It's a tough job Payton, thank you for the years of sweat & time you put into the club over the years!!!

Alan, you're a great choice & I'm sure there will be some new events happening soon.

vytas
11-04-2015, 07:30 AM
Congratulations Allan - you're a great choice for prez !

and full appreciation and thanks to the outgoing Payton for all his efforts.