very depressing day

FrankenBird

I acquired a bunch of parts I was going to put on my car and got a few of the simple ones on and even have more coming in the mail..now im broke and planned on having a nice quick sc.. buuut my luck never lasts long as my head gaskets went out. shes blowing white smoke out the exhaust and milkshake under the oil cap....im sooooo bummed my daughter liked the car as much as me and I told her we cant go to school in it any more she started balling, now I feel like a loser again..
guys, please buy my parts I have for sale, I could really use the money to try and get my car up and running again..shes not the best or prettiest but how much my daughter loved it,i cant let it go..i just hope im not gonna be a dead dad some day and then that's when my daughter restores it and drives it. I wanted to give it to her for her 16th. only 10 years togo.
I wasn't gonna make it a monster but it had to be faster than the daily sedans and then I was gonna rust repair and stuff but now this..ugh.just depressing.
hope you guys have a better Friday than I ...

Why not sell your parts and save up for a head gasket and studs? I popped the head gasket on an LX motor once and did it for cheap. As long as the heads are straight you'll be fine. It's likely only one head wasted anyway.

ya, I added parts to the for sale section...this is just a bummer. gonna be hard to sleep for I really love my cars when I have them..:(

any help guys finding a headgasket kit for the 1994-95, I want it as complete as possible because who knows what seals ille need..all I keep coming up is kits for 89-93's..

Sorry to hear, man. I hope that you end up fixing it instead of getting rid of it. Look at it this way--the cars are most likely going to go up significantly in value in the future. For whatever reason, they haven't got the performance and engineering kudos that they're worth, but one could usually ask themselves "why didn't I stockpile on this?" for a whole bunch of things that were once cheap and now are very expensive.

well it looks like rockauto's gasket kit is AWSOME, some member on here I wont name him unless he wants to come forward sent me a brand new gasket kit for heads on up. saved me a lot of money. it also reminded me that every single peson in the community ive met of dealt with has been an awesome person..
the 1st person I ever met who was on this sit got me into it, I forgot his name but maby he will read this and remember. I bought an exhaust system off him for 75 bucks and went to pick it up with my dad and his red chevy truck. after chitchatting with the guy for awhile he says" oyes hey, want all this too'? I looked and said sorry im broke after the drive and buying ur exhaust. he said" just take it,its ok" it was 24lb injectors,80mm mafs and a marauder tc..SAWEEET
then I met a guy named travis who lived down the road from me in Milwaukee and we exchanged many parts and sold or gave stuff to one another, he was friends with a bud of mine who also lived down the st and he had a 96 4.6L cougar and I had a rubyred 4.6l with a black cowlhood and black sc skirts..i bought a lot of stuff off you guys for that car.Brian gave me a deal for the hood and catback exhaust too since I drove from Milwaukee to near Chicago..i cant wait until I can get this car going again.just sucks every day I walk past the garage and know shes in their with a broken leg..someday soon hopefully ile have the funds to get it fixed..just gotta save for gas for my tow and pay the guy to do the job.
ID JUST LIKE TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME, even as simple as telling me what wire to use for a gauge.

and ya know what, I guess a good thing came of all this..well 2. 1,im going to take time and port to match the gaskets and port the lower intake manifold and sc plenum to 75mm to match my intake.2,ille learn a lot about the motor.

Last edited:
That's cool that someone gave you that gasket kit. I agree that the community for SC's is incredible.....not just here, but everywhere. I met a guy at the Sunday car shows that's a huge SC fan (has two SC's for parts/ fixing up) and he said that he needed some stereo parts, so I gave them to him. He invited me to his place, where it's essentially a shrine to cars, and it was a fun time. Around here, I've got one of the only SC's out at the car shows, so I get treated like a god by the people that like them. :D Which is cool and all, but we're all just into these cars because they're incredible, and incredibly overlooked. It's one of those conversational things where you know that you're instantly on the wavelength as the other admirers of the cars......the people that are into them seem to know every spec, every technical detail of the cars.

One of the main things about the cars, it seems, is the preservationist quality within the community--buy, sell, trade, give, help out.

well my luck keeps getting better...now a divorce is in the works..so when that happens i will be giving either the whole car away for free or give parts off...stay updated!

Honestly, it sounds like you should take a time out from the forums and your car and concentrate on more important issues...

Best of luck in any case.

this is now my escape....cant fix what broke on her end..some woman enough is never enough,things get said and im not one to forget so easly.just a shame i loose my car and wife within a week.and my daghters like my shadow so i pray for her every night im away.
iots the stepchild that cause the chaos and the wife fears dissepline because she doesnt wanna be the bad guy so that leaves just nme..big old ~~~ hole me. me who does all he could to hold the family together..ya guys,ima take a break and head outta town to my cottages and just go seclude for awhile and think..

Well, I'm sorry to hear that, man. Hang in there. Divorces are never easy. I'm almost 37, and that's old enough to have still grown up with the tail end of what remained of some "dictator" styled authority figures in both school, and at work. But no matter how tough the discipline was, I listened to it. The problem nowadays is that nobody can be wrong, and nobody wants to be the bad guy, and discipline suffers as a result. I worry about what happens to children that go out in the world and have to work a job or respect figures of authority.....when they've otherwise had no real figures of authority before. I also worry about the leadership qualities in the next generation, if they have no concept of those things.

Last edited:
Well, I'm sorry to hear that, man. Hang in there. Divorces are never easy. I'm almost 37, and that's old enough to have still grown up with the tail end of what remained of some "dictator" styled authority figures in both school, and at work. But no matter how tough the discipline was, I listened to it. The problem nowadays is that nobody can be wrong, and nobody wants to be the bad guy, and discipline suffers as a result. I worry about what happens to children that go out in the world and have to work a job or respect figures of authority.....when they've otherwise had no real figures of authority before. I also worry about the leadership qualities in the next generation, if they have no concept of those things.

couldnt have said it better my self..thats been my argument for years.

Written so well. I'm a manager at a large telecom. I have dotted lines to 1300 technicians. Holding them accountable can oftentimes be extremely difficult.

I was trying to think of a positive spin. I figured it like this, at least you still have your ride.

This was my depressing day....

ouch, im do still have my car but its HG is blown but soon to be fixed.that cougar looks like my heart.
i have always wanted a sc cougar...

Back