Where did you buy your ported heads from?

quatrini

hey everyone, winter is approaching meaning soon i'll be tearing into the engine again and will be in need of a set of ported heads. I'm looking for a good set of heads that will offer at least decent driveability (not sure if porting heads causes rough idle or whatever) but still make big power.
i'll want a set with larger valves, and fully assembled with stronger springs compatible with a cam pushing .579 lift or so, and i'll need the cam to be matched to the heads. my only problem is I don't know where to buy heads from. I wish an aftermarket company like trick flow made cylinder heads for us V6 guys... but I see morana offers some heads and also spinning wheels sc does too..
can you guys give me some info on where you got them, how they affect idle quality, any other additional info you think might help me.
would it be easier to have my heads ported?
thanks in advance.

-nick

XR7 Dave

I cannot understand why anyone would go in another direction when Dave has built his chops with these motors for the last several years, does nothing short of amazing work and is reasonably priced. That has to be your starting point.

There are several vendors doing high-performance heads for they SC. Mine were done by Dave XR7 he is the best

I got mine from Super Six Motorsports. I run a 218/224 (.545 lift) cam that I got as well from SSM. As far as your questions about idle, that has a lot to do with tuning. The drivability on mine is great, once the tune got straightened out.

Last edited:
Yes dave is local to me, only a 7.5 hr drive haha he tuned my car on his dyno at twisted innovations. I will have to email him about some heads and get something worked out

Just got my new set. From advance engine in salina . 1,200 for them. He does bad ~~~ work. Its the same shop that built farm trucks new motor.

Dave Dalk SCU done mine just a decent port larger valves in stock seats beehive springs nothing fancy and the car makes good power 436 rwhp I think it dynoed.

Got mine as part of a new 4.2 motor from Dave Dalke at SCU inc. back in 2009. He can build you anything from mild to wild and probably knows more about modifying SC motors than anyone. He is also the guy to go to for power upgrades and tuning.

David

Dave Dalke just like most others have said. I even drove the 7 hours to Ohio and left car there for a couple months as that was worth it to me for him to be the one that works on the heads and other upgrades. Results were amazing.

Dave Dalke just like most others have said. I even drove the 7 hours to Ohio and left car there for a couple months as that was worth it to me for him to be the one that works on the heads and other upgrades. Results were amazing.

I know that you hadn't personally linked your YouTube video here, but I'm assuming that it's yours on YouTube with the "pbdevastator" name. Holy geezus does your car accelerate fast! Dave must have sprinkled a couple of hundred horsepower on there with his magical horsepower powder.

Back