Taking off the keypad trim

plethaus

How does one pop off the black plastic trim from the keyless entry keypads? I have a new gasket/seal I'm trying to install but not really sure what's the best way to pop it off. The front edge (towards the front of the car) is loose but I don't want to pull too hard and crack it. Thanks!

There is a metal retaining clip inside the door. That needs to be slid back and off the keypad to release it. Then you can slide the keypad and tilt one end away from the door, and it will just fit out the hole so you can take the wiring harness off.

That's how I remember it.

Old thread resurrection.........

Does anyone know where I can buy this same trim piece for the drivers door entry keypad for a '94 ?
All hardware is perfectly functional, but the plastic trim piece is brittle and ugly. I hate to weld this up, but won't leave it in this condition and send for paint.

Old thread resurrection.........

Does anyone know where I can buy this same trim piece for the drivers door entry keypad for a '94 ?
All hardware is perfectly functional, but the plastic trim piece is brittle and ugly. I hate to weld this up, but won't leave it in this condition and send for paint.
There's no after market outside of finding a good used keypad. I had this dilemma prior to painting mine as the numbers were wore off and I wanted one with a pristine pad. Finally found one in the pick n save.

-Tim

If my actual keypad is in great shape, has anyone had any luck with a "homemade" gasket of sorts? My keypad is good, just loose.

Back