Fan not working. I have looked and there is just too much to decipher...

sc91gt

Last winter my fan locked up and fried, including the pig tale. It was still frying even with ign off. Had to cut it. Got a used fan and a pigtail from JY. Installed and still wont come on. Switched a supposedly good ircm and nothing. I checked the fan with a jumper from battery. low speed worked, high speed did not. So I bought a new fan motor. Wired it in. Will not come on. Tapped the ircm, disconnected the temp sensor and will not come on. Is there anything else I can check? I have a IC fan on a switch, my only option seem to wire a relay into that from the batt and just have it run full time. Car is a 90, auto, minor bolt ons and a chip from Dave. The chip did kick the fan on earlier... Thanks in advance.

Good morning

Check the alternator harness with the fuse links. Specifically check the black fuse link (16 GA) for overheat. If damaged repair and or replace harness. Inspect the fuse link junction to the yellow wire (routing around the top the radiator support) and finally to the ICRM the black/orange wires connector for indication of overheat damage. Repair if necessary.

Good luck.

Back