PDA

View Full Version : Griffen Alum Radiator

kenewagner
10-19-2015, 12:17 PM
Looking to see what interest there is out there to buy my Griffen Alum radiator. It has been customized some and I would throw in the custom overflow tank with it. Will likely be pulling it out a week or so from now. The cap has been chromed as well. Don't know what these radiators are bringing these days so I assume some negotiation will be in order. I don't think this setup as it is now can be used with a double IC but would likely work with a front mount or single IC. Will post some pictures later.

Ken

Metalcorpse
10-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Customized how?

kenewagner
10-19-2015, 02:44 PM
Customized how?

Extended the top and built a overflow tank.

Ken

Metalcorpse
10-19-2015, 05:07 PM
I have a stock 90 xr7. Needs a radiator. Would this be compatible?

kenewagner
10-19-2015, 09:01 PM

It should work for a stock setup. The problem for me is it has been so many years since I had a stock car

Ken

KMT
10-19-2015, 09:29 PM

Do you have a front mounted IC? If not, a full width radiator like this beauty will block the stock IC, where the stock radiator isn't that wide.

kenewagner
10-19-2015, 09:44 PM
Do you have a front mounted IC? If not, a full width radiator like this beauty will block the stock IC, where the stock radiator isn't that wide.

It is a SC XR7 specific Griffen radiator The top is extended to look like a full width radiator but is not. I ran it with a huge FMIC and my current air to water IC. Anyone buying this might have to change things on it a little. I don't think a dbl IC will work but a single should but the overflow tank would be iffy with even a single IC

Ken

KMT
10-19-2015, 09:59 PM
It is a SC XR7 specific Griffen radiator The top is extended to look like a full width radiator but is not. I ran it with a huge FMIC and my current air to water IC. Anyone buying this might have to change things on it a little. I don't think a dbl IC will work but a single should but the overflow tank would be iffy with even a single IC

Ken

Ah...got it, yes, it appears full width in the pics, nice unit in any case - thanks for the details and good luck w/the sale.

Ken