updating front bushings. any tips?

Metalcorpse

So I already bought new uppers, but still need to get lowers and bushings for my sway bar. last i checked my bearings are fine, nothing seems warped or damaged. everything is just....crusty. I plan on moving to coilovers once i hit the lotto so until then just wondering what my options are. Would you guys consider a different sway bar? poly or regular bushings? what bushings to do first? difficulty to install? Ive done uppers before on another car but thats it.

thanks guys.

I've got the Energy Suspension poly swaybar brackets. The end links are AC Delco on my car (don't laugh!) Raybestos UCAs and LCAs. Genuine Ford strut rod bushings to frame, Moog strut rod to LCA.

That'll pretty much take care of it, I think. Unless you drive very spirited, that should be adequate for most. If in doubt, however, there's the LCA/frame and UCA/shock tower bushings that you may want to swap to poly or delrin if available.

Also, that reminds me - I NEED to measure and note what the lower spring isolator is in size, so I can see if there's a poly replacement for it *grins*

RwP

Back