code reader help

chickencoupe

If this is the wrong forum I apologize but I need advice on code readers bearing in mind that I would like to read both the sc and my other newer cars codes. I came up with this with not much research. Any thoughts?

http://www.amazon.com/BlueDriver-Bl...cr_s_cp_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0NXP7P1RE74F26K4CDH5

Be cool if there was a forum for useful , "best tools", for these cars and all their quirks.

I know its probably assumed that if you own one of these cars and your here to work on it that you have an established set of tools and working knowledge of all things automotive. If that assumption is true than I would be the anamoly as im starting from scratch with very little knowledge.
I have learned a ton so far, if only in theory, and cant wait to get hands on this spring.

Youve got to start somewhere right?

Well I read the first review and it said that this scanner read both obd 1 and 11 as thats what i was searching for when this scanner popped up but after reading the comments I see the reviewer was giving bad info.

I like the bluetooth and datalog options but there is another one for a third the price.

Looks like I have to find one specific for ford or just obd l in general?

OBD I is your friend...not Ford only so don't worry.

And yeah, they are like $30 ~ $35...eBay, etc.

I made an extension harness for mine so I can run from the driver's seat and manage pedals and steering wheel as needed during test. Otherwise, two people can make reading codes easier at times.

Back