Seat bolster repair..

kennyo

Anyone have any luck getting there side bolster repaired that looks factory?? I was going to have them use the material off the rear seat pouch . I have a lil wear on my edge and it's driving me crazy...

Thanks, I am proud of them. Its actually supposed to be navy vinyl, but I think its good bit lighter in color than the factory color. The leather option would have been a lot more expensive... he was talking about custom dyed and then sent out for perforation for all the little holes. The stitching is not perfect, but im probably the only one who will notice. In all fairness, he said those bolsters were really difficult. The back seat is perfect IMO, the front seats look pretty good too, but some of the double seams vary a bit... but like I said, he admitted they were difficult. from what Ive seen those seat covers from SCP or Spinning wheels look pretty good too, and would have been a little cheaper than what I paid.

Thanks, I am proud of them. Its actually supposed to be navy vinyl, but I think its good bit lighter in color than the factory color. The leather option would have been a lot more expensive... he was talking about custom dyed and then sent out for perforation for all the little holes. The stitching is not perfect, but im probably the only one who will notice. In all fairness, he said those bolsters were really difficult. The back seat is perfect IMO, the front seats look pretty good too, but some of the double seams vary a bit... but like I said, he admitted they were difficult. from what Ive seen those seat covers from SCP or Spinning wheels look pretty good too, and would have been a little cheaper than what I paid.

Those seats look very good! Our 89's have a 1 year only Shadow Blue leather seat. That color leather doesn't exist any longer. Leather has to be custom dyed and perforated to match the correct color. Custom leather for the front seats alone is $800... SMS Auto Fabrics is the only company I've found to match the original leather. When I had to replace the leather in my driver’s seat, I found a good passenger seat in gray, used that leather to replace the worn leather in my seat, and then dyed it with custom matched dye. It looks good but would much prefer new leather. I may bite the bullet and have SMS dye and perforate a hide.

Bryan

Back