PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Anny on Ebay

nickleman60
12-26-2015, 08:51 PM
Really? Someone needs to educate this seller. It states: Super Rare Manual 35th Anniversary Edition only 792 +/- made out of about 1.5 Million T Birds and Cougars in this Body! This Car has been take care of and it shows!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Thunderbird-Super-Coupe-Coupe-2-Door-/181953991654?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a5d4d93e6:g:pP4AAOSwQTVV8UHG&item=181953991654

KMT
12-26-2015, 08:55 PM
This Car has been take care of and it shows!!

You did note the part about the supercharger needing bearings with the belt currently removed, right? Makes me wonder what else was overlooked during it's life....

Not a good price, I think.

CaifanSC
12-27-2015, 01:05 PM
You did note the part about the supercharger needing bearings with the belt currently removed, right? Makes me wonder what else was overlooked during it's life....

Still a good price, tho, I think.

Risky....antenna doesn't work, sunroof doesn't work, interior...well you've seen it, body work needed in the hood and rear driver fender. My biggest concerns are....the hit in the rear quarter he said required some parts to be changed....wondering if there was any IRS damage or alignment issues. Also, i've never seen a supercharger bad to the point metal shavings were being spit out like that...must be REALLY bad. Plus in the videos he's beating on the poor car. Jeesus.

KMT
12-27-2015, 01:30 PM
Risky....antenna doesn't work, sunroof doesn't work, interior...well you've seen it, body work needed in the hood and rear driver fender. My biggest concerns are....the hit in the rear quarter he said required some parts to be changed....wondering if there was any IRS damage or alignment issues. Also, i've never seen a supercharger bad to the point metal shavings were being spit out like that...must be REALLY bad. Plus in the videos he's beating on the poor car. Jeesus.

Missed all that, thanks - changing my opinion to 'not so attractive at that price'.

XR7 Dave
12-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Ok, am I the only one who sees the one owner status in the carfax report, AND the fact that it lists the last recorded mileage is 14,074 with NO discrepancies?

KMT
12-27-2015, 02:57 PM
Ok, am I the only one who sees the one owner status in the carfax report,

I noticed that's not a 'carfax' report... autocheck swears they're better ;)

I'd never trust an owner supplied report off the 'net. Too easy to run your own.

sleeper bird
12-27-2015, 06:44 PM
Ok im the first vote for wannabe car salesman of the year. Anybody else anybody

KMT
12-27-2015, 07:26 PM
Ok im the first vote for wannabe car salesman of the year. Anybody else anybody

Make that wannabe 'used' car saleswonk of the year & I'm in.

....gawh - this is gonna give annys a bad name :(

plethaus
12-27-2015, 08:33 PM
"It's been taken care of and it shows"????

What a joke. That's a $1500 car all day long, and even that's only 5 speed Anniversary value...

KMT
12-27-2015, 08:49 PM
Get it while it's hot - Buy it now US $3,569.00

nickleman60
12-27-2015, 10:07 PM
He also has a 93 5-speed for sale that looks to be in much better shape.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Thunderbird-5-Speed-Supercharged-/311485727887?&autorefresh=true

KMT
12-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Another ride with over 100k miles and he brags on selling lo mile vehicles.

That one needs visors, e-brake adjust, driver side door hinge bushings/pins, motor mounts, clutch pedal sits high? Options claim sunroof, which it lacks. Still fast and loose w/the facts, it seems. Expect it to see a price drop to $2.5k soon, I think.

Hope you're getting a commission putting them here...

nickleman60
12-27-2015, 10:45 PM
Hope you're getting a commission putting them here...

If i do I'll send it to you...............:rolleyes:

KMT
12-27-2015, 11:09 PM
If i do I'll send it to you...............:rolleyes:

Keep it....I'm paid in laughs over this clown, thanks.

SCarSC
12-28-2015, 10:56 AM
so the odometer is broken then? i mean it wouldnt surprise me, if it actually has 15k miles apparently all the old owner did was get in an out of the driver and passenger seats all day and hit the car with blunt objects in direct sunlight.

XR7 Dave
12-28-2015, 10:54 PM
If all you guys want to be is sarcastic, that's cool too. But I've seen worse with less miles. So rather than dog it out just for the sake of dogging it out (like anyone here would buy it anyway) ask yourself a few questions:

1) Look at the overflow tank. I've seen a few that were that clean all the way down to the radiator feed hose, but they are rare, and they were all low mileage.

2) Consider that the dents all appear to have been caused by someone backing into it. None appear to be collision damage.

3) Look at the ground effects, particularly the bottom parts where the teeth are all in pristine shape. Note the complete lack of rock chips. If the driver were actually that careless so as to cause the body damage up higher, they would have most likely first knocked into a few random curbs.

4) Yes, the paint is shot and so is the interior. But it's not stained, it's dry rotted from sitting. Totally normal for a car stored outside for 25 years.

5) I'd be quite curious why the seller would list the car as having 105K miles when the odometer clearly states 15K and the car report also states 14K as the last recorded mileage. Why would you say 105K if all documentation states 15k? It doesn't matter if he is a greasy salesman, if the car has documented mileage discrepancies, it's a major offense to lie about it. Maybe the odometer hasn't worked in 20 years. Curious.

6) Engine bay has obviously been cleaned up, but a curious absence of chips/dings in the compartment makes me wonder. All the bolts look like brand new.....

I'm not suggesting it's a gold nugget nor even that it's worth the $3600 asking price, but if it really had been abused like some of you are suggesting, at least the motor mounts would have gone bad by now.... Just saying, stranger things have happened.....

KMT
12-28-2015, 11:09 PM
so the odometer is broken then?

Yep, busted.

Superchargers on 15k 'birds don't eat their bearings. The guy is making stuf up any way we look at it.

This isn't about this one car, tho, it's about an individual selling used cars that are clearly mis-represented ~ that sort of thing only happens for one reason.

CaifanSC
12-28-2015, 11:22 PM
If all you guys want to be is sarcastic, that's cool too. But I've seen worse with less miles. So rather than dog it out just for the sake of dogging it out (like anyone here would buy it anyway) ask yourself a few questions:

1) Look at the overflow tank. I've seen a few that were that clean all the way down to the radiator feed hose, but they are rare, and they were all low mileage.

2) Consider that the dents all appear to have been caused by someone backing into it. None appear to be collision damage.

3) Look at the ground effects, particularly the bottom parts where the teeth are all in pristine shape. Note the complete lack of rock chips. If the driver were actually that careless so as to cause the body damage up higher, they would have most likely first knocked into a few random curbs.

4) Yes, the paint is shot and so is the interior. But it's not stained, it's dry rotted from sitting. Totally normal for a car stored outside for 25 years.

5) I'd be quite curious why the seller would list the car as having 105K miles when the odometer clearly states 15K and the car report also states 14K as the last recorded mileage. Why would you say 105K if all documentation states 15k? It doesn't matter if he is a greasy salesman, if the car has documented mileage discrepancies, it's a major offense to lie about it. Maybe the odometer hasn't worked in 20 years. Curious.

6) Engine bay has obviously been cleaned up, but a curious absence of chips/dings in the compartment makes me wonder. All the bolts look like brand new.....

I'm not suggesting it's a gold nugget nor even that it's worth the $3600 asking price, but if it really had been abused like some of you are suggesting, at least the motor mounts would have gone bad by now.... Just saying, stranger things have happened.....

I get the distinct impression that you haven't seen the full 37 minute video he included. The odometer replacement is mentioned multiple times. The damage by the auction people is mentioned multiple times. The seller even suggests buying the car and, I paraphrase, just beating on it. Clearly as he himself is doing in the video. Those front seats alone scream that the car is not 15k miles no matter what...I mean c'mon...have you seen the top of the rear seat? A little discrepancy if the front seats look like that and the rear...the quintessential problem with any SC...are not split.

And I disagree...I think if anyone is going to buy that car is going to be someone here. An enthusiast...no other person in their right mind will give that car a second look unless it's someone who likes super coupes.

Spencer
12-29-2015, 02:12 AM
so the odometer is broken then? I mean it wouldnt surprise me, if it actually has 15k miles apparently all the old owner did was get in an out of the driver and passenger seats all day and hit the car with blunt objects in direct sunlight.

lololololol

XR7 Dave
12-29-2015, 11:47 AM
I get the distinct impression that you haven't seen the full 37 minute video he included. Yeah you got me. I did not waste 37 minutes of my life watching that video. Instead I wasted 37 minutes reading and replying to this post. lol My bad.

plethaus
12-29-2015, 06:13 PM
hahaha Dave, tell us how you really feel :p

Looks like someone bought it for $4150

Falcon20x
12-29-2015, 10:11 PM

Thank you Dave for stating what some of us are thinking. It serves no purpose to trash something by pointing out the obvious without giving any constructive critics.

KMT
12-29-2015, 10:43 PM
Thank you Dave for stating what some of us are thinking. It serves no purpose to trash something by pointing out the obvious without giving any constructive critics.

If you think constructive criticism will educate a used car salesman, I've got a low mileage Yugo with your name on it ;)

As for Dave, he popped off without all the facts, got called out for it, then admitted his mistake, so I'm chalking that up to spiked eggnog.

Falcon20x
12-29-2015, 11:22 PM
If you think constructive criticism will educate a used car salesman, I've got a low mileage Yugo with your name on it ;)

As for Dave, he popped off without all the facts, got called out for it, then admitted his mistake, so I'm chalking that up to spiked eggnog.

You have obviously missed the point. It is not about the sales person but the people on this site like me who are real enthusiastic about these cars. For that matter, my 35th anniversary was in the exact same shape. Every one saw a piece of junk where I saw diamond in rough. As Dave point it out they are signs that are dead give away.

We are at different level and this why YOU have the yugo with my name on it and I don't 😓 have one. I could lower myself to your level and agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

CaifanSC
12-30-2015, 12:10 AM
Well this got out of hand didn't it? Stated nothing but facts fellers. Fact is car needs work....as I said before, It's a risky purchase. God knows I'd jump on the risk for the right price.

Looks like someone bought it for $4150

I think the auction just ended, no buyer.