Question about engine swap

Zeppa

I have a 1996 Ford Thunderbird LX 3.8L V6 i have a couple questions about putting a 94-95 SC engine in my car here i go....

1.Where can I get a 94-95 automatic SC engine (minus the junk yard).
2.Wiring, can I utilize all the harness's in my car or do I need to install an all new electrical system.
3.I relize I will need to put a 94-95 SC computer in my car, where can i get one (minus the junk yard).
4.Can I get the rear disk brakes off a Thunderbird SC an replace my rear drums with them(I have a solid axel, not independant), if not should I put a different rearend on my car and if so what one and where can I buy it.
5.Tranny, do i need to get a new tranny, I have an auto one and I wanna keep it auto, I'm planing for the engine to have very high HP (400-500 HP) put out, can I use my existing tranny and some how upgrde it to handle the power, if so how? If not what auto tranny should I buy and where can i buy it.

You've probably heard this already, but here goes :

SELL your car, and BUY an SC T-Bird. It will be much easier and cheaper. There are several HUNDRED small parts that are different in the engine bay alone ... unless you can acquire a complete SC parts car, this swap would cost way too much.

If you're thinking of doing this because you prefer the look of the 96 - 97 style front end, it would still be cheaper to buy a 94 - 95 SC, and swap the front end parts to the newer style.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

i'm not sure if you live in gayachusetts or not, but i do, and i'm also not sure if u've recently check the price of how much a 94-95 SC is, my t-bird has 115,700 on it and an ok sound system and a K&N FIPK and Flowmaster exhaust i'm only gonna get like in the $4,000 range which is a preitty big loss for me, and a 94-95 SC that's not a piece of trash easily goes for about $7,000+ if you can find one (most SC's u find round here are 89-91 and they r crap) plus i like learning an i got another car, so i'll have the time to wrench on it, and yes i have relized that this will cost a lot of loot, never mind the paint job i'm gonna give it and redoing the interior to match the paint.

Thanks for responding though.

Back