Upgrading to 94/95 supercharger

bwbays86

SCCoA Member
As I said I'm upgrading my 91 5 speed to the newer blower 36 pound injectors, I got the c&l 76 mm mass with #36 sampling tube. I also have 70 mm tbi Spinningwheels pulley the not 5 but less then 10 as they say, cold air intake all the way to the fog light. Will I need to tune this thing or will it work bill at scp said I shouldnt have any issues but I don't know.

I'm curious here, as well with the 36 lb injectors.....does the ECU automatically compensate for it? I always assumed that a tune would be required......

i believe the proper sample tube for the new injectors is all you need. said that the fuel pump can supply more fuel.

Ok well it runs starter grinding on flywheel. I just changed the m5r2 new clutch new flywheel new slave ujoints fuel pump and pretty much anything else while doing tranny swap. Starter didn't grind before. do I shim it?

Ok finally got it running does not run well until it start warming up. Any ideas of a quick fix or do I need it tuned

I might be off on this but i believe changing your maf and injectors might need a tune if your mapping has now shifted.

Using just the sampling tube to compensate for the injector size change will probably work OK-ish. But it will probably not run perfectly without a real tune. Dave mentioned above is one great source.

Ok thanks I have contacted him but I did figure out my issue I use the thick gasket at supercharger and it was cause a vacuum leak. Now it starts fine even with only a resonater I deleted my cats and mufflers are coming in next week. Innovate wideband shows 16.5 to 19ish. Which is good.

Ok thanks I have contacted him but I did figure out my issue I use the thick gasket at supercharger and it was cause a vacuum leak. Now it starts fine even with only a resonater I deleted my cats and mufflers are coming in next week. Innovate wideband shows 16.5 to 19ish. Which is good.

Wow you need to understand what rich and lean is... glad that's not my car.

12.8 at peak TQ and 13.2 at peak HP.
13.9 is ok, higher ouch....

Yeah... I'd step up those injectors for how much you are oding, that 7% is a lot more on a 94/95 blower, 36s are meant for a stock 94/95 maybe a like 3 or 4% od, you are going lean.

Back