PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Cougar Sport 34k

Miller1995
01-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Up for sale in my 1997 Cougar. I bought the car from the original owners family in Texas last year with 22k and planned on keeping it for a couple years. With that in mind, I did a lot of maintenance while keeping the car completely stock:

-Front Lower Control Arms
-Front Upper Control Arms
-Front Sway Bar Links
-Rear Sway Bar Link Bushings
-Rotors and Pads Front and Rear
-New Brake Fluid
-Coolant Flush
-Four Wheel Alignment
-New Plugs
-New Fuel Filter
-2 New Tires (Match the two new ones that were on the car when I bought it, the other two were original to the car)

I bought my Thunderbird a few years back out or Arizona with 38k and needed to replace all the same items. A lot of these low mileage cars have spent a lot of time sitting, so you have to figure most the cars out there need this kind of work.

The car is fully loaded with the only missing option that I can tell being the 30th Anniversary package. Here is a list of options:

-4.6l Engine
-Sport Package
-Gray Leather Interior
-Sunroof
-Climate Control
-Premium sound w/ Power Antenna
-Power Passenger Seat
-Keyless Entry
-Traction Control w/ ABS

Of course it has the normal features of PW, PL, CC, etc.

I have the original window sticker, build sheet, and manuals.

It now has 34k on it and was being daily driven up until August. Since having a second child, we purchased a Flex so it's time for the Cougar to go The body is rust free but I did reluctantly drive it some last winter, though, it had never seen snow before that. Cosmetically the car is in very good condition with all original paint but has some flaws that come with age:

-Chrome Bumper/Cladding Trim is Pitted (Very common, I planned to refinish with vinyl but could be painted too)
-Rear bumper is rubbed through the paint on the drivers corner (below the chrome trim, hard to see in the picture)
-A few small nicks in the paint on the passenger side cladding where it looks like someone hit it with a car door while in a garage
-One large chip (about 1/4" diameter) in the top of the trunk lid

I have touch up paint that I will include with the car but didn't want to cover anything up just yet.

On the interior it is in very good condition with only some nicks in the steering wheel and some scratches in the drives side door cup. I assume these are from a previous owner who wore rings.

The car runs and drives perfectly and recently passed IL emissions. It still has the original all plastic intake manifold but I have a good used one that I will include with the car along with a few other parts.

This car could be a good platform to modify or fix the small cosmetics and show it stock. If you are interested in modifying it, we could also work a package deal with other parts I have.

I am asking $6,000 for the car including additional parts (Intake manifold, snow tires/rims, factory carpet floor mats, factory rubber floor mats, plus some more). I understand that this might seem high to the crowd here but these cars are becoming increasingly difficult to find with low mileage/no rust/good paint. I put a good amount of money into addressing the suspension and maintenance items not intending to sell the car this soon.

Pictures are posted in my TCCoA thread (http://forums.tccoa.com/103-cars-sale/168521-1997-cougar-sport-34k.html#post1807426).

The car is also listed on eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/151936983866?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#section-vehicle-glossary) if you want to check out the history report.

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,
Bryan

Miller1995
01-08-2016, 10:13 PM
Bump...the auction ends tomorrow.