fuel related intermittent no start issue

Plat0ribs

I’ve got an intermittent no start problem on a 95 Auto SC.
I’ve replaced the fuel pump (and complete fuel sending unit) and filter recently.
When I turn the key on I get two clicks from the left side of the trunk. I checked/reset the bump switch but it didn’t help.
This morning it started up like it has every morning for months. I let it warm up for quite a while cause it’s so cold. Then I loaded my Granddaughter and drove 2 minutes to her daycare, shut it off and took her inside (~15 minutes), when I came back out it wouldn’t start. I tried it 20 times, listening to the clicks each time, no fuel pump spool up!
Then I got a ride home and picked up another ~~~ SC and on my way past the daycare I thought I’ll try it one more time cause I didn’t want to leave it in their lot all day. Started right up!
If you have any suggestions or diagnostics, please post up here or email them to my personal email:
Plat0ribs@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

Check the return line the nylon section of mine was kinked and was causing alot of my problems.

Clicks you r hearing sound like the fuel pump relay coming in. A bad relay can be energized, and come in but NOT make contact to pass current. I have had a BUNCH of these fail on different fords. I would try swapping it out first. It is cheep and easy
Not sure where it is located on the late model SC's

Adam

Clicking was ID'd to be the ARC shocks not being found.
Beginning to suspect the ICRM.
Is there a difference between the early & late model ICRM's?
5-speed & auto?

Is there a difference between the early & late model ICRM's?

Excluding the suffix (AA can be replaced with AB, as an example) I would only replace with same PN.

I don't think there is a difference between Auto/5-speed, otherwise.

FYI
These are now available at Rockauto see "body control module" under electronics tab.

Also available from some auto parts houses.
These are reman'd components from Cardone and Standard Motor Products.

Back