PDA

View Full Version : nice 5spd in canada

chickencoupe
01-22-2016, 06:46 PM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oakville-halton-region/1995-ford-thunderbird-super-coupe-coupe-2-door/1134507769?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

CaifanSC
01-22-2016, 10:33 PM
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oakville-halton-region/1995-ford-thunderbird-super-coupe-coupe-2-door/1134507769?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Now that's a beaut!

black V8
01-23-2016, 10:42 AM
Yah I look at that ad regularly.$9500 Canadian is like $113 US and 28000 km i s nothing. I unfortunately cant justify a fifth mn12. Maybe I should sell 3 then have a low mileage 89 stick(75000 km) and a low mileage 95 stick. I like that blue too. Ah Winter dreamin'.
Cheers Tom

fast Ed
01-23-2016, 11:25 AM
That one's been for sale for quite a while, hard to get someone to bite on that sort of $$ for an SC I think. Even with the current exchange rate, that's still very top dollar for a clean SC in the States.

cheers
Ed

BUDXR7
01-23-2016, 11:50 AM
That one's been for sale for quite a while, hard to get someone to bite on that sort of $$ for an SC I think. Even with the current exchange rate, that's still very top dollar for a clean SC in the States

That's what I paid for mine two years ago. so I guess you could say I think it's a fair price. This one appears as clean and is rarer than mine too. The car I bought was for sale for 2 years and it was 6 month of discussion with the seller before I actually pulled the trigger. I think it'll sell at that price, just going to take time.

fast Ed
01-24-2016, 02:42 PM
If anyone in the club is seriously interested in the car, it is about an hour away from me. I'd be happy to take a closer look and some more detailed photos.

cheers
Ed

1FSTBRD
03-15-2016, 12:24 AM
I never checked out the ad (it's sold/ pulled down now), but it looks like it was in Winnipeg (which is where I live).....weird, since I check the used ads every couple of days and never noticed it.

Windjammer
03-26-2016, 06:39 PM
I never checked out the ad (it's sold/ pulled down now), but it looks like it was in Winnipeg (which is where I live).....weird, since I check the used ads every couple of days and never noticed it.
It was in Hamilton. It sold and in week moment I bought it. :)

fast Ed
03-26-2016, 07:33 PM
May we ask what the acquisition price was? I remember when we were on talking on the phone about my TC, you agreed the 95 was maybe a $7500 car.

Looks like a great SC, enjoy.

cheers
Ed

Windjammer
03-26-2016, 09:28 PM
May we ask what the acquisition price was? I remember when we were on talking on the phone about my TC, you agreed the 95 was maybe a $7500 car.

Looks like a great SC, enjoy.

cheers
Ed
It is about as cherry as a 21 year old car can be. It needs some maintenance things like new belts, rad flush ect: The keypad entry locking plate is loose the Headlights are yellowing but dead stock
The guy who had it knew what he had. Brand new premium tires. Interior perfect, all fluids done 2 yrs ago at dealer. I counted 3 tiny stones chips. He was really unhappy about selling it but his wife wasn't! Struggling business wife on maturnity leave with 6 month old he needed the money. I left him hanging a bit as I tried to do my research on what I was getting into with the car. Showing up with an inch of cash helped a bit. I purposefully brought mostl $20's :)

The fact is in the end I wanted the car, he lost the wife battle and needed to sell. End result is his wife sees me as a god,:) he is not happy he had sell or what he got for it and I am reasonably happy. I was certainly smiling after the 60 mile ride home.
It will stay stock with upgraded intake and exhaust and some better/bigger wheels and tires. I will store the stock rims (not a mark on them) and sell off the tires. Other than that hoping the reliability God looks favourably upon me. I will try to buy spares for critical parts as and if I see them

My hobby car or mid life crisis car started with nice 70 MGB but wife was afraid and hated it. Something about sitting lower than transport tires at 60 miles an hour? Then got a 2004 Mustang terminator all done up, stupid horse power but man could that thing go! That car sold me on IRS. Since it was a rag top ( wife hated that so roof was always up when she was with me and she refused to stay home) space became an issue ( grand daughter started living with us )so sold it and got cherry 93 Fox hard top/hatch with a lot of nice mods done and no power adders, auto w shift kit and less that 35,000 miles. I didn't want auto but the car was so cherry I bought it on the spot. Fast forward I really didn't like the auto after all, I missed the sophistication of the Cobra and 15 yr old granddaughter is now 5' 8" and the Fox backseat does not cut it. A T5 transplant was too much hassle and not cheap. So I was looking around and the Tbird/lincoln for the IRS was a consideration .Then what about a SC? I found this site and read literally thousands of posts Ok Sc it is. It checks all the boxes, uniqueness, sophistication, IRS, performance, 5 speed, space. The hunt started but I was discouraged and encouraged with the high mileage on most cars or they were "juiced" to where reliability becomes suspect. Quite pleased though that so many cars were still "doing it" at 100,000 miles plus. It appeared to me that if you didn't crank them or did it modestly these are very reliable cars. I think/hope the head gasket issue can be managed. Parts scarcity though is a bit of gamble.

One last thought though is that I have this car because of this group. The information here is remarkable and the search feature is my friend. The knowledge base is very comforting. Went to dealer today for an oil filter and parts guy kept me there 1/2 hr talking SC then service advisor comes over to talk about racing his old SC. Says if I need service come see me and I will make sure only our best performance guys work on it. Go to Napa to order new belts and they ask me to bring it by so they can see it. Cool.

Safety etest tomorrow then service and I hope a trip next weekend.

potshotscott
03-27-2016, 01:24 AM
Wives......