Weird issue trying to program remote entry key fobs

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
Howdy all,

Ran into a weird issue trying to program a new remote on my 95. As you can see in the pix my original remote broke at the loop but it would still work perfectly...sux bc it was one with the ford oval...so while I source another one I wanted to program a tested fully working spare from my 94. I tried to cheat and just swapped cases really quick trying to avoid the programming but that didn't work. So i just figured I go ahead and do the programming...well when I did it didn't work. With the key on and switch open I would jump the pins in the connector, the locks would go up/down...but when I pushed the buttons in the remotes I would get nothing. I flipped back and forth between old and new remotes and neither worked. Batteries were swapped and the same. Just spent about 30 minutes outside fiddling with the bloody thing and nothing. Both remotes have the same numbers in the back. Just as I was giving up as I was walking away I hit the button on the old remote and the locks went down....but as I pushed the lock/unlock buttons again on that same remote...I again got nothing. Old and new remote now do not operate.

Any suggestions? Can't remember off hand but I don't recall any fuses being culprit. I'm wondering if the module all of a sudden went bad?

Any help appreciated.

not quite sure what happened...tried again and was able to get two remotes programmed with zero issues on the first try. Maybe just a fluke.

In any case...FYI...found cheap cases on ebay. Just like OEM other than the missing part number markings in the back. I think it was 2 for $10 bux

Gratuitous picture of the beast in snow :)

Oreilly and Autozone have transmitter testers on the counter so you can see if the unit is sending a signal. Won't tell you if the battery is dead or the unit is bad but at least know if the transmitter is working.
They also have replacement cases for some of the more popular transmitters. Guessing Amazon or Ebay might be cheaper if you don't mind waiting.

Thanks for the info guys. Does it have to be an identical transmitter, or will other Ford remotes with same functions work ? I've got the same remote/key fob as OP posted but this is what the replacements look like.

Remote 1.jpg

Remote 2.jpg

David

Anyone have a picture of this connector ??

2. Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located in LR quarter panel area (Connector will not be plugged into anything, it will have two pins inside it, if you have to unlug it you have the WRONG one. Not all vehicles are set up from factory for keyless remotes) All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode.

Thanks, David

Back